Author Topic: N Scale RP  (Read 1391 times)

Rob

• Fireman
N Scale RP
« on: January 22, 2022, 07:13:04 PM »
My https://www.bitchute.com/channel/rvvEWhTrN8xE/ RP installation is a battery powered outdoor G layout - 9 locos, steam diesel. In simple terms - I wouldn't swap RP for ANY OTHER SYSTEM. Ok, so I like it.

Let's say I want to use it on my upcoming N scale layout. Think about that - sit an Aristo SD45 next to a Kato SD45. Get out the magnifying glass. Like a Great Dane next to a Chihuahua.

I'm used to installing an LM3/4-G with huge amounts of room for dual speakers, a large LIPO battery, fine tuning so easy. I am spoiled. Now how can I work this joy into N scale?

I was thinking on the best way to go, and there is no way these are going in an Atlas SW1500, but it would fit in the tender of an Intermountain Cab Forward. There's some rewiring involved, but it would fit. I can forget about using it in the small guys, but has anyone fitted one of the smallest HO modules into an N road diesel like an SD45 or U30? I don't think there is a way to do it without losing the motor, but I'd be pleasantly surprised.

Maybe one could move the motors into the trucks like in the larger scales - insanely small motors, but maybe drone technology has some that small. That would provide the opportunity to use the carbody for the module and speaker. I don't think I'm going with sound in the loco itself, but rather thinking of using SurroundTraxx, but then I'm having to go with DigiTrax. So this leaves me in a quandry: I want to use RP on my next layout. It will be a challenge, but we'll see. I'm going to try it on a cab forward and if it works, I may just use the RP system on them and Digitrax on the smaller locos, complicated and confusing, but that's the only way I can see right now to get RP into N scale.

Anyone with ideas in parallel, jump in. Holding this discussion will help me and others to decide what and how to do this. Rob