Author Topic: Button Placements  (Read 3904 times)

LW93Rcode

• Fireman
Button Placements
« on: December 07, 2015, 12:02:22 PM »
Hey guys, I was wondering how everyone lays out all their buttons when operating.  Just wanting others thoughts on their placement of certain sounds like the bell, horn, lights etc.  I find I always have to move the horn away from the default spot cause I end up turning off the front light at the same time.  Anyways, just curious to see how others do it.

-LW

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
Re: Button Placements
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2015, 06:38:14 PM »
I leave the lights, horn and prime mover in the default positions for the most part. Sometimes I add an extra horn or bell, coal, coupler or even some barnyard sounds, but in no particular order. I don't mind looking at the controller during operations.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2015, 10:37:12 PM »
So far I have not been using light functions on my locos, and this is the button arrangement I use on most of my locos.

That said, I have been working on a project that will significantly change how and where I place my sounds. I'll post more on that when it's ready.

RailPro Buttons Arrangement.JPG

- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

LW93Rcode

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 06:51:58 AM »
I like the notch up and down where you have it Bill, not sure why I have kept them side by side.  I definitely will change that. What is the Stretch sound?

Lighting for a modern loco is what really hampers things as you need 3 buttons in order if you need flashing ditch lights.  I have a NS GP60 with front and rear ditch lights.  That practically takes up a whole page.  It doesn't leave much room for all the sounds available.

-LW

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 07:16:04 AM »
Stretch is a sound I recorded of taking up the slack in the train. I also have my own clunks.
I'll post them in the files section soon.

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 09:21:53 AM »
Bill, where did you find the brake squeal sound. Surprisingly, it's not in RPA.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2015, 09:58:10 AM »
I've uploaded a few sounds to the files section. Feel free to check them out.