Author Topic: no sound out of LM4S-G AND product update problems  (Read 1272 times)

zr1rob

• Fireman
no sound out of LM4S-G AND product update problems
« on: April 22, 2022, 06:07:29 PM »
No sound at all. Downloaded into the module steam sounds, bell sounds and whistle sounds. Nothing comes out the speaker - red/green wires, the two end ones. This isnt my first module, so I think i've got it hooked up correctly. In fact, I programmed the Orange wire to a light, and when I turned on that light, the Orange wire went low - to 0V. I know its working because the HC2 is showing a good connection.

The unit has the next latest LMS4-G software: XXX100 (sorry, cant get the X right now), but latest is XXX101. I downloaded that 101 release, and tried to get it into the module, but when I hit the UPDATE button on the product update page on the HC2, it comes back "Product Not Recognized"

Could that be the problem with the sound?

JRad

• Conductor
Re: no sound out of LM4S-G AND product update problems
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2022, 09:27:43 AM »
Have you upgraded the HC2 yet?  In order to recognize, and properly program the new modules, updated HC software is required.

Since you specifically said HC2, I'm assuming you are not using the HC simulator.   The simulator software hasn't been updated in a while and won't access some of the new features like Chuff Input enable.

zr1rob

• Fireman
Re: no sound out of LM4S-G AND product update problems
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2022, 07:16:11 PM »
yes, thanks i did upgrade to the newest HC2 update because you have to in order to operate the LMS4. But I think I might just have a bad module, gonna send it back for them to check it out. Got a S3 to swap in during the wait.