Author Topic: New Product Announced: G Scale Kit for Analog Sound and Control (RAKS-1)  (Read 1807 times)

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Ring announced a new G Scale Kit for Analog Sound and Control today.

https://ringengineering.com/RAKS.htm

The release info says:

RAKS-1 - This kit includes all the necessary electronics to add sound, motor, and light control to
your G scale locomotive and will allow control with analog (DC) power supply. It also
has magnet pickup so you can place magnets in your track for the purpose of playing
a sound or turning on a light effect when the train goes over the magnets. Further you
can Radio Control a locomotive with this kit installed if you obtain a RailPro handheld
controller. You can download new sounds and light effects using the built in Direct Radio!

Ring-RailPro-RAKS-1.jpg
« Last Edit: August 01, 2022, 01:23:53 PM by William Brillinger »
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

CPRail

• Conductor
  • You know, sometimes I amaze even myself.
I wonder if the magnet thing could work for the smaller scales (i.e. put the magnet on the track prior to a level crossing and the loco would play a level crossing horn sequence)?

There's been a bunch of G Scale releases, how do we get Tim to release the long-awaited 21 pin LM3/4S for use in HO and other scales?
Ian Lisakowski
Modelling CP Rail & VIA in the early 80's

JRad

• Conductor

There's been a bunch of G Scale releases, how do we get Tim to release the long-awaited 21 pin LM3/4S for use in HO and other scales?

He's gaining a lot of momentum in the Large Scale community where DCC is not so strongly entrenched. Makes sense for him to keep rolling with it. Hopefully, the sales increases can help fund new products for smaller scales.