RailPro > RailPro Specific Help & Discussion

Handheld saving issue

(1/2) > >>

Coal Valley BNSF:
Has anyone had the issue of when you go to select any locomotive on the handheld you get a message that it wants you to save it, so you select save and then you can run it, but as soon as you go to another engine the other one will not be saved again. Any engine that I select will not be saved when I go back to it.  I have tried reseting the handheld by pushing the button on the back.  I have tried removing all products but anytime I find any loco it does the same thing again. I can't save any loco at this point on either of my handhelds. Has this happened to anyone else?

Josephbw:

That happens to me all the time. I just ignore the request and continue with what I'm doing. There doesn't seem to be any consequences for doing that.

Joe

William Brillinger:
This is not normal, you might want to talk to ring about it.

A few questions:

1. are any settings actually lost?
2. did you delete your image files from your HC? (hint: don't remove the images from HC's and do copy your custom images to all of your HC's)
3. have you password protected your lm's? (if you have not, don't do it, there is no way to remove the password later)
4. are you out of free space on your HC? or LM's?

Coal Valley BNSF:
Hi William! Thank you for the reply. Here are the answers to your questions.

1. No settings are lost
2. No, I have not deleted my image file
3. No, I do not have any that are password protected. (There is a way to remove the password though. I did it about a year ago to a couple that I had password protected in the beginning).
4. No, I am not out of free space on either the HC or LM's

Once again I just want to make sure I made it clear what my issue is. When I go to select the engine it is asking me to go to the round button and push save and it is fine, but than when I want to go to another engine it asks me to do the same thing and even if I go back to the first engine it will ask me to do the same thing again.  It just keeps going in a circle and will not ever save the engine.  It is not that I cannot run the trains. Since my post I have contacted Tim at RailPro. He was very helpful and nice. After troubleshooting a few different possible causes with me over the phone he has recommended that I send the handhelds back to him to take a look at. I love my Railpro and would highly recommend it to anyone. I'm sure this is just a gliche...

William Brillinger:

--- Quote ---There is a way to remove the password though. I did it about a year ago to a couple that I had password protected in the beginning
--- End quote ---
on the LM's perhaps, but passwords for the HC can only be changed, not removed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version