Author Topic: Accessory module  (Read 3540 times)

Antoine L.

• Engineer
Accessory module
« on: January 19, 2016, 03:19:52 PM »
Hi again!

Here is this: http://www.ringengineering.com//AM-1.htm

The accessory module. Anyone is using it? For what purpose? is it nice? Any experiences to share about it?

Antoine
Modeling a mix of CN / Wisconsin central on a 12x15 freelance area.

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
Re: Accessory module
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2016, 05:36:13 PM »
Antoine, the AM-1 module can be used for various purposes. I have three of them set up to operate switches. You can work four switches per module. Other uses can be lights, turntables and other accessories. There is a new AM-1S that even operates sound accessories.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

Antoine L.

• Engineer
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 08:05:20 AM »
Can you run, for example a grade crossing with lights and activate it manually when train comes by?

Antoine
Modeling a mix of CN / Wisconsin central on a 12x15 freelance area.

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 10:45:53 AM »
I'm not positive on that one but I would say yes, because you can operate lights and sounds with separate buttons on the controller, as well as motion.
Al

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2016, 11:40:31 AM »
You could do that manually, but I believe with the AM-1S you can set it up to have crossing gates work automatically.  The AM-1S has inputs, which means you could put optic sensors on either side of the crossing that would trigger when a train passes.  You can create a program for the AM-1S that would start the crossing lights and sounds as long as the optic sensor is activated.  Once the train passes, the sensor is no longer activated, the lights and sounds cease.

On my future layout I plan to have a section fed by an AM-1S that will control 2 crossing gates and 4 switches.  It should work out well.

-Kevin

Geek.Verve

• Fireman
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2016, 08:31:05 PM »
You could do that manually, but I believe with the AM-1S you can set it up to have crossing gates work automatically.  The AM-1S has inputs, which means you could put optic sensors on either side of the crossing that would trigger when a train passes.  You can create a program for the AM-1S that would start the crossing lights and sounds as long as the optic sensor is activated.  Once the train passes, the sensor is no longer activated, the lights and sounds cease.

Would it be possible to put a switch between the optic sensor and the crossing and activate the crossing only if the switch were thrown in that direction?

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2016, 07:56:21 AM »
You could probably do that, but you also might be able to enable or disable it right from the controller.
Al