Author Topic: Which data is stored where?  (Read 2653 times)

Geek.Verve

• Fireman
Which data is stored where?
« on: January 25, 2016, 01:16:06 PM »
Hello. I'm new to the MRR hobby, and I'm leaning toward the RailPro system for my first layout...well, my first full-sized layout, anyway.  My first layout is going to be an NTrak module for use with a local NTrak club, but it being N-scale and all... :-\

Anyway, I was curious, which data is stored on the loco module what which remains on the throttle?  Can you take your train to another RailPro layout and have all of it's functions available via someone else's RailPro throttle (after discovery)?  It seems that sound files are definitely stored on the loco, but I was just wondering about all the other settings.

-Rich

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Re: Which data is stored where?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 02:36:47 PM »
Everything for the loco is stored on the loco.

But if you're going to another railpro layout with your railpro loco, why not bring your controller to?
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

Geek.Verve

• Fireman
Re: Which data is stored where?
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 03:21:57 PM »
Everything for the loco is stored on the loco.

But if you're going to another railpro layout with your railpro loco, why not bring your controller to?

Oh, no doubt I would.  It was a bit of a front-loaded question.  Now I better understand things like what I'm looking at if the throttle ever needs replaced, what a used RailPro equipped loco purchase would be loaded with, etc.

Thanks,
-Rich