RailPro > RailPro Specific Help & Discussion

Listing of Available RailPro Sounds

<< < (3/3)

Dodgezilla04:
Not trying to be difficult... But there is a huge number of sounds not uploaded. Using my phone or my computer.... 

William Brillinger:

--- Quote from: Dodgezilla04 on July 20, 2023, 11:05:11 AM ---Not trying to be difficult... But there is a huge number of sounds not uploaded. Using my phone or my computer....

--- End quote ---

That's correct. I linked all the ones that exist to the LIST AT THE TOP OF THIS PAGE.
Ring's page is missing lots of sounds. There are also many duplicate sounds and that is why they load so slowly.

I did send Ring a list of missing sounds and he says he will add them as they are converted into ULT versions.

snowdog:
Is it possible for us to have a "mirror site"? That is, a copy of the sounds or even light effects from the RailPro site on this server? This would certainly allow for faster download times for us. Any thoughts?

Bryan

G8B4Life:
Ring would have been far better off just having each sound file once on the page and a list of all the locomotives that use it attached instead of the way it's been done with a copy of the same sound file for each locomotive that uses a particular engine.

--- Quote from: snowdog on July 21, 2023, 04:47:36 PM ---Is it possible for us to have a "mirror site"? That is, a copy of the sounds or even light effects from the RailPro site on this server? This would certainly allow for faster download times for us. Any thoughts?

--- End quote ---

I've read that two different ways so I'll cover both possible interpretations.

For "mirroring" the sounds page, I suspect if we asked we'd get a big "no", and if we did it anyway we'd get a take down notice. Direct linking like Bill has done is the only way to do it. Lighting effects can't be visualised (realistically) without taking a video of the effect in action (could be made into an animated gif).

For hosting the actual files that you download with RailPro Assistant, much different kettle of fish and the answer to that would certainly be no. It also probably wouldn't speed things up as much as you might imagine. It might speed things up a bit but much of the slowness in downloading comes from how the software operates, not the speed of Rings server/connection.

- Tim

Espeelark:
Thanks for doing this Bill - very much appreciated!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version