RailPro > Finished RailPro Installation Examples

RailPro LM-2S Installation in Rapido FP9A Locomotive

<< < (2/3) > >>

KPack:
Great documentation!  Thanks for taking the time to take pictures, label them, and post them.  The installation looks nice and clean.  The more I hear about the iPhone4S speaker the more I want to try it.  So I guess I'll be ordering some. 

Check through the various lighting function outputs on the LM-2S and see if one of them can control the numberboards.  You'll have 4 available functions from the 9-pin harness...1 for headlight, 1 for rearlight, and 2 more for whatever Rapido set them to.  Some experimentation will show what all 4 main function are set to.

Apparently the FP9A was powered by EMD 567C, so Ring's 567 recording should get you close to what you need.  That can be fine-tuned once more recordings become available.

-Kevin

yvesmary:
Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the kind words.

I was really impressed with the iPhone 4 speaker. The horn especially seemed lower toned than some of my other locomotives.

I really stocked up on them from xiong535 on eBay for 99 cents each and free shipping.

Yves in Ponoka, Alta

William Brillinger:
Resizing pictures in the forum

You can post larger photos, and use the width attribute to resize them.

Here is what the default inserted photo looks like when you are editing your post:
attachment id=1 msg=1029

Add the width attribute to make it smaller like this:
attachment id=1 width=800 msg=1029

For a list of all attributes you can use, see the post called "How to Post a Photo":
http://rpug.pdc.ca/index.php?topic=11

yvesmary:
Hi Bill,

I went to your How to Post a Photo post to get my images in my post.

I have a question about codes but I think I should ask it over there instead of here.

Yves in Ponoka, Alta

nhhotrain:
Hi Yves,

Like your FP9A,  my Rapido FL-9 locomotives' step lights and ill number boards aren't illuminated anymore after I added LM-2 modules.  I contacted Rapido and they said they are hard-wired and can't be connected to the decoder.  Wonder if you try to re-route wires to harness wires?

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version