General > General Discussion

CRC-2-26 on tracks

(1/5) > >>

Antoine L.:
Hi

I read on other forums that CRC 2-26 could work well to keep track conductivity.
http://www.crcindustries.com/ei/product_detail.aspx?id=02004

Would it be bad to use with Railpro?
Where to buy in Canada online? I don't seem to find in Sherbrooke Qc.

Thanks.

Antoine

hirailer:
CRC 2-26 product number 74085 "Duster"or the 2-26  lubricant as shown in your link, is most likely available at automotive jobbers specializing in parts and products that are sold to the automotive industry. You might try Canadian tire or other large retail stores that have a lot of automotive products.

Cheers
Mel

hirailer:
To answer the second part of your question. Any kind of cleaner or lubricant used on your tracks won't affect RailPro. Railpro only uses the electricity from the tracks to power the locomotives not like DCC where command signals are also sent through the tracks making clean track a must. I find that my tracks and wheels stay cleaner with RailPro. There are a lot of track cleaning methods out there that do work quite well for a while. After a while some of these work in reverse by attracting dirt rather than removing it.

For me, I used 2000 grit wet/dry sandpaper and alcohol to clean my track. Whatever works for you is OK.

Cheers
Mel

KPack:
I belonged to a club a for a while that used both CRC and Goo Gone to clean tracks.  Both cleaned very well, but both also seemed to collect dust and grime.  The club was located in an old and somewhat dirty building, and the weather was always very hot and humid.  So some of the track cleaning issues could have been due to the location of the layout itself.  However, liquids tend to leave the rails wet which then attracts dust.

Many people are using graphite now and having good success with it.  I haven't tried it myself yet.

-Kevin

William Brillinger:
Graphite is not for cleaning, just for enhancing electrical conductivity.
I use it and it works great.

I have not needed to clean my track at all since starting to use graphite almost a year ago.
I have used a cloth to wipe some dust off the rails in a few locations, but only once so far.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version