Author Topic: Hit a roadblock trying to load my picture  (Read 7836 times)

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
Re: Hit a roadblock trying to load my picture
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2016, 02:03:47 AM »
I don't want to embarrass Joe here so I really hope he doesn't mind me posting it.

Long story not-so-short, I setup a live chat so that I could help Joe in real time. We went though every step in order and only that way did the root problem come up, and quite innocently too. I don't think this would have come out in normal forum posting.

Basically I'm putting it down to the user interface of the RailPro Assistant software. The main problem was clicking on the import picture button more than once. This gives the filename in use error, as the picture is already imported into the software.

I'm hazarding a guess that since it doesn't really tell you "successful import" or anything like that after you've done the import picture the first time some will instinctively think it hasn't worked so they try again, which will give them the error.

- Tim

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2016, 02:13:53 AM »
ahh, I forgot to write this one....

Mel, does my description of the the problem solve your problem? if not, please post the problem your having.

- Tim

Josephbw

• Conductor
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2016, 10:14:00 AM »
On this particular engine, the RI 4372, something happened the first time I tried to import it into the system, and it didn't work. My subsequent importations of the same engine were then nullified. I really appreciate Tim's patience and knowledge. I may get time this evening to do another one, hopefully it will go better.

Joe, with a smile on his face.  ;D

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2016, 10:24:32 AM »
I'm glad to hear it's all fixed up for you!
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2016, 11:25:33 AM »
I'm glad I was able put a smile on your face Joe, and I know it will go better next time. Just review the chat we had and you'll be fine.

- Tim

hirailer

• Engineer
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2016, 03:30:25 PM »
Thanks Tim, I'll give it a try. It might be a day or two before I get a chance, MOH has a long list of "honey do's" I need to get done before getting back to the railroad.  :P

Mel
« Last Edit: April 16, 2016, 03:32:05 PM by hirailer »
Having more fun with RailPro