Author Topic: Experiment in terror  (Read 7464 times)

Dean

• Conductor
Re: Experiment in terror
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2016, 08:24:16 AM »
How about the switch machines at Proto 87 Stores? Tiny and top mounted.

http://www.proto87.com/Switch_machines.html
Dean

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2016, 01:22:06 PM »
Dean 

I saw those some time ago but I looked at the description and it said you had to assemble them. And if you wanted contacts for controlling frogs or something else, that was an extra cost making the deal being quite a bit more that MP-1, 5...  The MP's look like they are half the size too?

Of course all this information that you and others provide just might help someone else so that is a positive thing. I really thank you for this info.

Me?  I'll stick with the MP's as for myself, find these the best in my operations and heaven knows, I looked or tried most of switch machines ever built commercially. Anyone need brand new in original plastic cases, Tru-Scale switch machines/motors as I have a few left over from the last sale of these? Just saying, not advertising here. Look for them on eBay. :)

Onward ######## Darryl

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2016, 04:31:54 PM »
Last news from the Northern California seller or the only seller in the country.

" I do not know when I will receive more although it seems likely that I will eventually receive more
·         There is a data sheet for an “MP-5” out there:
o   It has a DPDT auxiliary contact and two power outputs for indicator LEDs
o   It may or may not completely replace the MP-1
o   I don’t if I will be able to buy them at dealer cost
o   I don’t know what it will cost
o   I don’t know when it will be available
I will be happy to let you know when whatever MP-x becomes become available.  I suspect this is a manufacturer problem as I've received inquiries from all over the world the last couple of weeks. "

Sure is something as there is a pretty good demand but lack of product. Say, might China get interested? Just a thought.

Looks like this pursuit of the MP-1 or 5s  has gone sour.  Oh well, I don't know if I'll ever try ordering them from Europe. I see the MP-5s are listed at 2 for $32 .

Happy holidays y'all, the old fardt in Ory-Gun 

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2016, 07:37:36 PM »
 Fellers

I received another email tonight from the seller.

"I talked with the distributor/importer this morning:
I haven’t received any MP1s since late October
I am out of stock except for a few engineering samples , as is the US distributor
I do not know exactly when MRCS will receive more... It seems likely the MP1s will arrive within 60 days

There is a data sheet out for a newly announced MTB 'MP5' Switch Motor:
The MP5 has a DPDT auxiliary contact and two power outputs for indicator LEDs, adjustable 3mm to 12mm throw, and a plug-in screw-terminal connector.
It may or may not eventually replace the MP1; currently they are both in production.
The US Suggested List Price and the MRCS price point for the MP5 have yet to be determined, but it will be higher than the MP-1. "

That is the extent of my contact so I surely will not wait up to maybe 60 days to get anymore from that source. I'll order them from Europe if I decide to buy more. Sure is a shame for a very nice product not being available on this side of the pond.

Back to my fiddling with some Miller Engineering electronic signs/billboards. They are most interesting and other than the maker, available by the train load so to speak, on eBay...

Toot toot, TOF

melarson

« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2016, 09:28:46 PM »
All,

Last week I contacted MTB directly about the availability of their MP1 and MP5 and received this response:

Hello Michael,

we had low drop out in production of new MP5 due to  exhibiton season here in Europe etc, we wait also for DC motors delivery.
This production will be restarted next week, then we send some goods  also to USA,  to Richard Brenan, California.

So pls for time.

Regards Vitezslav Bana MTB

So it would appear they will be available here, but is a matter of when.  I for one am willing to wait for them as the other more popular motors just don't fit my needs.

Michael