Author Topic: Railpro Black Friday Deals  (Read 2545 times)

Wayne

• Fireman
Railpro Black Friday Deals
« on: November 23, 2016, 02:50:10 PM »
Does anyone know of any Railpro Black Friday Deals?

darryl.trains

• Conductor
Re: Railpro Black Friday Deals
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2016, 03:53:13 PM »
 I personally hate discounts especially right after I made an order and in a recent order I made with a large mail order train shop on the east coast just a few months ago it was the same day I ordered only a few hours before the discount was offered. I called them and they said that is the way it goes, no discount.
 Just last week I ordered coffee from my favorite seller and in less than an hour later, no joke, they listed a discount. Since I really like their coffee and have been using them a long time, I called them and mentioned I just made an order. They must like my purchases or know how to make customers happy as I received an email of a refund. Now that's the way to do business.

I would rather not see discounts, rebates or coupons, just the best price offered but I know we live in a marketing society.

Enuff already,

Darryl in Ory-Gun

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 04:44:18 PM »
I know how Darryl feels. Been there, done that.

That's why instead of offering a super special one or 2 days per year, I try to have competitive prices and if somebody is looking for a bulk buy, I will generally cut them an additional deal. Feel free to contact me!

http://pdc.ca/rr/catalog/product/railpro-and-accessories/51

- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 06:57:51 PM »
Bill 
 Here is another goodie that just popped in the last few minutes ago in my email.
While I don't like to mention model railroad manufacturers for most of them provide a good service, this one is offering a 25% discount for one day only this week.
Since I have bought a number of items from them at full price it kind of leaves a bad taste in my mouth as those sales amounted to quite a few hundreds of dollars.

Some model train stores are noted for their frequently discounted sales and I think some of us just wait till the item we want comes up on sale and save money.

Of course anyone may have a different point of view and that is fine by me. It's only money !

Cheers, Darryl