Author Topic: The new MP5 report  (Read 2516 times)

darryl.trains

• Conductor
The new MP5 report
« on: January 08, 2017, 05:04:42 PM »
Howdy Fellers

I received the new MTB MP5 and they are a vast improvement over the MP1's which are still a good choice if the extra contacts are not needed. I find the MP5 has a nifty addition to the switch machine as far as the attachment of wires. The whole separate screw-less connector comes off the switch machine for easier inserting wires and then just plug in back into the switch machine. Also included was a small plastic baggie with replacement slider assemble so that one might want to use the switch with the throw going horizontal instead of vertical. There are other little pieces in the bag like nuts, bolts and little plastic parts plus the solid stiff throw wire.

Another item I ordered from the supplier was some 7 position bus bars. Those are made rather sturdy even stronger than the picture depicted or at least in my vision.

All in all, more goodies to make model railroading interesting for sure.

Happy training y'all.   Darryl in Ore-Gun

Dean

• Conductor
Re: The new MP5 report
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2017, 09:38:53 PM »
May I ask where you purchased these.

Also I purchase shorting blocks here : http://www.led-switch.com/terminal_blocks.htm
Scroll down. 
Dean

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2017, 09:57:12 PM »
 Dean

I bought them from, Model Railroad Supply Systems. They are in Mountain View California.  The bus bars were @1.25 each.

Cheers, Darryl

Dean

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 08:59:15 AM »
Thanks!
I'm always looking for different suppliers that have 'different' items and cool stuff.
Dean