Author Topic: Is there a way to reset an LM-3S back to factory?  (Read 1910 times)

Cobramach1

• Brakeman
Is there a way to reset an LM-3S back to factory?
« on: February 10, 2017, 05:11:58 PM »
Is there a way to set the module back to factory settings and essentially wipe clean and start over? I ask because when I installed my first module I was playing around with the function buttons and accidentally changed one that I think was actually turning the smoke unit on/off and I can't figure out how to get it back now as I don't remember what I changed it from. If I put it back to factory and started over I'd gain this function back. It will be a pain to load everything back up again but since I can't figure how to activate the smoke unit again I think this route is my best interest. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you, Jeff

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
Re: Is there a way to reset an LM-3S back to factory?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2017, 05:35:30 PM »
There is no way for you to reset the module, but if you send it back to Ring, they can do it for you. If you lost a setting you should be able to recover it right on the controller. You can send an email to them describing what happened. Tim will usually get right back to you  with a solution.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

Cobramach1

• Brakeman
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2017, 06:54:04 PM »
I was worried about that. Easiest way may be to just install a new module in this locomotive and then reprogram this one in a different locomotive. Thank you for the quick response.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2017, 08:27:55 PM »
There is no way for you to reset the module

Not fully correct, most screens in the LM-3S setup have a "Set to Default Values" button. The function buttons are not one of them so you can reset a lot of the settings that relate to the LM-3S performance and operational characteristics but not a full reset. Given how easy setting up the function buttons is on RP as opposed to setting up functions buttons on DCC using CV's I don't find this a huge problem but it may be a point worth bringing up with Ring the ability to do a full reset if enough want this feature.

I'd just go through the function buttons one by one and set them to "Not Used" and then to what you want again; it won't take long to do it

- Tim