Author Topic: Broadway Limited Installations?  (Read 4201 times)

swoyekr

• Fireman
Re: Broadway Limited Installations?
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2019, 12:51:41 PM »
When wiring steam engines, I haven't had to change wires to the locomotive. You just need to figure out which wires go where.

Sounds good. I'll document my install and post up my findings!

Thanks for the help.

Orlando

• Fireman
Re: Broadway Limited Installations?
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2020, 10:53:06 AM »
I have a Broadway Limited Reading T1 I'm partial to keeping, however, from what I've read the BLI units can be difficult to install the railpro receiver into. Is this true? Anyone attempt the installation?
Hello swoyekr. I had 2 BLI ac6000 that I converted to railpro. Granted these models were big and heavy and very easy to hardwire. A few things you should know about the BLI model
(Paragon 2 &3) diesel locos. Their speakers are located in the fuel tank and get dirty very quick making them sound distorted. You will to need cleaned them once in a while so they can sound nice again. BLI models for what ever reason have alot of slack on the worm gears causing them to lurch forward going down a 2% grade with 20 to 100 cars. I had some precision scale washer that I installed and that fixed the problem. They ran extremely well after some mods, but after further thought I moved on from them. Hopefully it works out well for you.

Good luck
Orlando