Author Topic: RailPro vs BlueRail Again: Consisting  (Read 2449 times)

melarson

RailPro vs BlueRail Again: Consisting
« on: March 17, 2017, 02:32:06 PM »
Received the latest blast from BlueRail yesterday.  They have developed a consisting/speed matching feature for their system.  While it is interesting, and admittedly faster than DCC to configure, it appears to me you have to speed match each loco every time you consist them.  Have a look at their video.  I hope you find it as interesting as I did.

After much hard work BlueRail has added consisting and speed-matching
capability. Speed matching has always been a hassle in DCC.  The speed matching
we’ve added gives you a nice interface that’s intuitive (and almost fun to use)
so anyone can accurately speed-match their locos in minutes as you run them on
your layout. See video below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4qJFlNt95Y

Thank you, Tim Ring, for bringing us what is hands down the easiest and simplest consisting/speed matching feature on the market, and years ahead of the competition.

Michael

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
Re: RailPro vs BlueRail Again: Consisting
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2017, 04:14:40 PM »
Thank you, Tim Ring, for bringing us what is hands down the easiest and simplest consisting/speed matching feature on the market, and years ahead of the competition.

The feature that sealed the deal for me to go RP.

The BlueRail system has the same inherent flaw as DCC consisting... speed matching != load sharing. An abstract example: If a 1 HP motor is running at 500 RPM and a 10 HP motor is running at 500 RPM they are speed matched. Place the same amount of load on both. Will they still be speed matched?
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2017, 08:19:19 PM »
Kudos to them for making DCC consisting/speed matching a bit easier.

But like Alan said, speed matching does not equal load sharing.  DCC is not capable of that no matter what GUI you put over it.  Without duplex communication you will be stuck speed matching.  I've done my time with that and will never go back.  Load sharing for the win!

-Kevin

Dean

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2017, 01:32:42 PM »
"Thank you, Tim Ring, for bringing us what is hands down the easiest and simplest consisting/speed matching feature on the market, and years ahead of the competition." Exactly!
Consisting is the reason I switched most of my consisted engines to RailPro. As the budget allows, more will be converted.
Dean

Pilar Valley Railway

• Fireman
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2017, 02:43:40 PM »
This is also the main reason I went with RailPro. I was so sick of speed matching and dealing with the confusing CV values. I don't no why anyone would want to use DCC anymore. After using RailPro, DCC is like a thing of the past. The same as going from DC to DCC.
Kenny

Pilar Valley Railway