Author Topic: RailPro Operation Weekend Invite  (Read 5682 times)

darryl.trains

• Conductor
Re: RailPro Operation Weekend Invite
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2017, 11:33:54 PM »
  Well the best of ideas are at times are revolting.  My wife reminded me of our upcoming trip to New Orleans that make a few changes in plans also we are thinking about Minneapolis this fall for family and friends visit. Ahhh too many irons in the fire. We always go by Amtrak and have to fit in times to come and go.  Ain't life grand?  The old fardt in HOT Arid-Zona
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 12:29:04 PM by darryl.trains »

Lee Nicholas

• Fireman
    • Utah Colorado Western
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2017, 06:19:19 PM »
As of now we're still planning on our Sept 8 meet. It would be great to hear from a few more of you as I don't yet have a full operating crew of 14. If you would like to join us please let me know by  Aug 15.

Lee 

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2017, 07:29:20 PM »
how many do you have Lee?
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

TwinStar

• Conductor
  • Modeling a 1961 Rock Island Twin Star Rocket
« Reply #18 on: July 21, 2017, 09:32:07 AM »
As of now we're still planning on our Sept 8 meet. It would be great to hear from a few more of you as I don't yet have a full operating crew of 14. If you would like to join us please let me know by  Aug 15.

Lee

Lee,

Kevin and myself will be with several other Free-mo modelers at the Evanston setup. While these guys aren't RailPro users for the most part a few may be interested in seeing the system in action. Would it be ok to invite a few of them?

Jacob Damron
Modeling late 1950's Dallas Union Terminal in Free-mo+ modules

Texas Railway Modeling and Historical Society trmhs.org
trmhs.org

TwinStar

• Conductor
  • Modeling a 1961 Rock Island Twin Star Rocket
« Reply #19 on: September 11, 2017, 01:09:00 PM »
RPUG et al:

I had the privilege of attending Lee's Ops Session on his railroad and wanted to publicly say thank you for the opportunity and your hospitality. The railroad is absolutely wonderful. The track plan, track work, scenery, and signaling are all top notch. I saw several things that I want to incorporate into my own module.

Lee is a great guy and if anyone ever has the opportunity to attend another session I would highly recommend that you do so. Lee, thanks again.

Jacob Damron
Modeling late 1950's Dallas Union Terminal in Free-mo+ modules

Texas Railway Modeling and Historical Society trmhs.org
trmhs.org

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2017, 09:59:45 PM »
I also was able to attend the ops session and it was a blast.  Lee is an awesome guy and his layout was fantastic.  I was amazed that the scenery was all completed...there were no bare spots on the layout at all.  The signaling and full vintage CTC board was intense.  Signaling was all new to me, so I had to repeatedly confirm with people that the signal was calling for me to proceed...didn't want any accidents.

I'm also new to ops in general, so I had a rather humerous experience of taking a train out of staging but not realizing there was paperwork for it.  So I happily drove it almost the entire length of the layout before dispatch found me and informed me that I was supposed to set out and pick up at the very first stop on my route.  So I got to back the train up the entire way and do it right the second time.  Good experience for me!

Jacob and I were able to meet a lot of other Railpro converts.  I'd say about half the guys there were on Railpro.  We had some issues with dirty track/wheels, but those got resolved.  We also had some issues with software glitches because Lee was running some of the new beta programming...but that's why we beta test so that we can find errors.  All errors we ran across have been solved by Tim.  Overall Railpro functioned very well in a multi-user, large scale environment.  I was very impressed with Lee's Railpro setup and how streamlined he has everything.  The lanyards around the neck were such a good idea.

Thanks Lee for the invite!  I hope to be able to make it back to your place on one of my trips to Utah.  If any of you ever have the opportunity to operate on his layout I highly recommend it.  It is a must-see!

-Kevin