Author Topic: Railpro market share (And New Forum Discussion)  (Read 9123 times)

Archive

• Conductor
Re: Railpro market share
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2015, 07:09:06 AM »
Originally posted by William Brillinger on the RailPro Users Yahoo! Group on Oct 4, 2015

ok, well that settles that! I don't want to leave anyone behind.

Another option would be to setup a forum.
I have hosting available and I could setup PHPbb or a SimpleMachines forum.
I have however not played with any of these. If somebody here has experience with this software, we can talk.

- Bill

Archive

• Conductor
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2015, 07:09:14 AM »
Originally posted by William Brillinger on the RailPro Users Yahoo! Group on Oct 4, 2015

Jacob, Yup, and we are all glad you did! 

Archive

• Conductor
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2015, 07:09:24 AM »
Originally posted by kpack05 on the RailPro Users Yahoo! Group on Oct 4, 2015

A forum would be an ideal place to connect as Railpro users.  It would be far easier to find the forum, and also easier to search postings and find answers.  In addition, I believe that forum posts are searched by Google and other search engines, whereas I don't think Yahoo Groups are (or Facebook).  Someone searching for information on Railpro may run across the forum and thereby get information directly from those who use it. 

I'm not on Facebook, nor will I ever be.  Plus I don't think it's quite as helpful as a forum would be.

Bill, if you have access to hosting then that would make things easier.  If there is a cost to run a forum I would be okay contributing to support it, and I'm sure others would be as well. 

Jacob, thanks for setting up this group.  It is working well and will continue to do so whether or not we start a forum.

-Kevin

Archive

• Conductor
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2015, 07:09:32 AM »
Originally posted by picturemaker22 on the RailPro Users Yahoo! Group on Oct 4, 2015

Kevin,  I would support us moving to a forum, that's probably a good idea, otherwise we could stay where we are at.

Mel

Archive

• Conductor
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2015, 07:09:41 AM »
Originally posted by Shawn Hogan on the RailPro Users Yahoo! Group on Oct 4, 2015

My thanks to Jacob for starting this group! And for letting me in so I can learn more :)

I'm OK with using this yahoo! group if that's the best for everyone however if we can move to an easier to search and use format, that would definitely get my "yes" vote.

I will mention this group where I can. Shawn Hogan

Archive

• Conductor
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2015, 07:09:51 AM »
Originally posted by LK&O on the RailPro Users Yahoo! Group on Oct 5, 2015

Bill, I have setup several PHPbb sites over the years. It is bone head simple. You can do it without a problem I am sure. I also have hosting if it is needed.

Paul Schmidt

• Fireman
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2015, 07:04:56 PM »
Originally posted by picturemaker22 on the RailPro Users Yahoo! Group on Oct 4, 2015
Obviously not everyone reads MRH and that's the only place I have seen Ring Engineering advertisements.

Come to think of it, I don't ever recall seeing Ring Engineering ads anywhere else other than MRH.