RailPro > RailPro Specific Help & Discussion

RailPro Assisiant

(1/1)

willist:
I can not install RailPro Assistant on my PC.  After I download the software and try to open it I get the following error message, "Widows cannot access the specified path or file. You may not have appropriate permission to access the item" Please help.

Alan:
See if this thread helps you: https://rpug.pdc.ca/index.php/topic,265.0.html

William Brillinger:
Willlist,

what happens if you right click on the installer and choose "run as administrator" ?
also what version of windows are you using?

willist:
I had to disable my anti virus.  I installed the software but when I try to use it I have to put in my name, email address and internet password.  It all ways says the password is wrong.  What password is it looking for?

G8B4Life:
willist,

The password is one of your own choosing.

If you didn't enter a password previously just enter your email address and choose a password (you shouldn't have to enter your name if you don't want) and if should be all good to go.  If not get back to us and we'll see what further troubleshooting we can do.

If you have previously entered a password and it gives you the bad password message then you may have to contact Ring Engineering to reset it if you can't remember what you previously entered.

- Tim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version