Author Topic: Given' Thanks  (Read 4989 times)

darryl.trains

• Conductor
Given' Thanks
« on: July 25, 2017, 01:59:03 PM »
 I know it's not even near Thanksgiving but this is about RP.

I really think without this  "RailPro User Group" I might have never had the opportunity to find enough information to form an opinion whether to get involved in this adventure.  Of course you know I made the right choice.

So long story short, I do thank Bill for presenting a forum so anyone could make the right decisions in this endeavor to enjoy another way to play with our trains and all those who follow.

Then to all of those who aided in my questions, or posted helpful subjects for all. I thank you, one and all.

The old fardt in Yuma   8)

KPack

• Conductor
Re: Given' Thanks
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 05:46:40 PM »
Yes indeed, thank you Bill for taking the initiative to get this set up and host the forums.  And thanks to all our fantastic members who provide knowledge and experience.  This is a great forum to be a part of.

-Kevin

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 06:47:58 PM »
I agree wholeheartedly. Good group of guys here, and Bill made it happen. Kudos to you Bill!  :)
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2017, 08:32:12 PM »
Thanks Guys, I appreciate your kind words, but the credit really needs to go to Jacob Damron, the original founder of the original RailPro User Group on yahoo.

Thanks Jacob!
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

TwinStar

• Conductor
  • Modeling a 1961 Rock Island Twin Star Rocket
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2017, 12:23:15 PM »
Thanks Guys, I appreciate your kind words, but the credit really needs to go to Jacob Damron, the original founder of the original RailPro User Group on yahoo.

Thanks Jacob!

Thanks Bill but the guys are right. You took this bull by the horns and gave us a wonderful platform here not only for our benefit but to those exploring DCC alternatives as well. You work here is much appreciated.

Jacob
Jacob Damron
Modeling late 1950's Dallas Union Terminal in Free-mo+ modules

Texas Railway Modeling and Historical Society trmhs.org
trmhs.org

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2017, 01:42:16 PM »
Thanks Bill but the guys are right. You took this bull by the horns and gave us a wonderful platform

In that case, You're all welcome! 

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2017, 11:11:12 PM »
Thanks for the reminder Bill.  Jacob was really the one who got this whole ball rolling back when we met on Yahoo Groups.  If he hadn't have set that up we wouldn't be where we are today.  Most of our core community here came from over there.  So thank you Jacob!

-Kevin

BruceRogers

• Engineer
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 10:13:16 AM »
I second all of the above. Great job setting up the forum Bill.

PatP

• Engineer
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 02:25:08 PM »
Bill,

I just spent part of the afternoon browsing through the wealth of information posted on this site. It is just amazing. I too am grateful for your setting this up. Thanks.

PatP

carrson

• Fireman
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 09:39:35 PM »
I am also thankfull for time and effort put forth by everyone who has kept the faith and promoted this forum and made the you tube videos. This is what solidified my decision to go with RailPro. I just watched the recent you tube video from the "Toy Man " at Lee Nichols with the RailPro in prominent display. Maybe with a little more of this type of exposure there may be a break out of interest in this product.
thanks again
Larry

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2017, 09:58:13 PM »
Hey Larry, thanks for pointing these videos out!
I didn't know about them and Now I have to go watch them!!

atsfguy

• Conductor
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2017, 02:00:18 PM »
I am aware some time has passed since the last post but I want to express my thanks for this site. I have spent the better part of the last six weeks researching power on board and was completely unaware of Railpro until I found this site. After reading everything I could as a guest, I decided to register and will purchase Railpro next year following my relocation to central Ohio.
 I had decided earlier that Deltang fit my needs sufficiently to tentatively focus on it but Railpro is a much better solution, in addition to being American. I served thirty-two years in the U.S. Army, so that is important to me.
 My thanks to Bill and everyone who has contributed to it. I had belonged to a group dedicated to dcc but they were more interested in arguing about soldering vs displacement connectors, so I left it. This group is conducted very well, is educational, and civil to all. Thanks to all.
Cecil
Cecil
ATSF

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2017, 02:41:37 PM »
This group is conducted very well, is educational, and civil to all. Thanks to all.
Cecil

Welcome aboard Cecil, and Thank you to all of the members here who contribute to making this site educational and civil!

And Merry Christmas Everyone!