RailPro > RailPro Software Updates

RailPro Assistant 3.20 / HC Simulator 2.00

(1/2) > >>

G8B4Life:
Really surprised Bill hasn't posted this yet. I don't want to steal your thunder Bill as you were the one to discover it but the info is almost a day old as I write this and I need to write the last bit of this post.

RailPro Assistant 3.20 and HC Simulator 2.00 are up on Ring Engineering's website. They are not on the What's New page yet but going to the RailPro Software page they are up for download.

http://ringengineering.com/RailProAssistantSoftware.htm

http://ringengineering.com/RailProHcSimulatorSoftware.htm

System requirements Vista or later as usual.

At this stage there will be no WinXP patch for RPA 3.20 or HC Sim 2.00; it's not a trivial a patch as the previous versions (it uses file handling calls that simply don't exists in WinXP) and will take a lot of work to try and make a work around.

If I am successful in making a patch I'll post it here as usual.

Edit: Ok, I seem to have come up with a working patch for XP for both RPA and HC Sim already. Once fully tested and I'm satisfied all is ok I'll post it.

- Tim

William Brillinger:
You're not stealing my thunder at all. I was waiting to see RPA 3.20 and I didn't see it yesterday! Only the HC Sim update was online the last time I looked.

hirailer:
I just downloaded RailPro assistant 3.20 plus RailPro HC Simulator 2.0. The download went very quickly without any problems on My laptop running Win7 hard wired to the modem. The best and quickest download from Ring I have had yet, great improvement. The installer for the simulator did say version 3.0, not 2.0

Mel

William Brillinger:

--- Quote ---The installer for the simulator did say version 3.0, not 2.0
--- End quote ---

That is the installer version, not the software version. Confusing I know.

gcarter1945:
When I open up RailPro Assistant 3.20, the Download List to Handheld Controller USB Connection icon shows a HC to PC as Connected, whether I have them connected or not.  Trying to get the HC to actually download isn't successful most of the time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version