Author Topic: HC Simulator 2.02  (Read 4023 times)

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
HC Simulator 2.02
« on: September 20, 2017, 08:37:19 PM »
HC Simulator 2.02 is available for download.

http://ringengineering.com/RailProHcSimulatorSoftware.htm

Don't know what this version fixes. System requirements Vista and later as usual.

- Tim

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Re: HC Simulator 2.02
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 09:35:40 PM »
HC-Sim 2.02 fixes some minor issues in 2.00 which is ready to support the new features.

I suggest people hold off on updating to 2.x until the new features are unveiled, so you don't have to update multiple times in case there are more new versions before final release of the LM programs.

I anticipate that will be any day now, as the beta testers have been given V2.00 of the LM programs now.
We were on LM version 2.00k, and typically the release versions drop the letter at the end right before release.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

PatP

• Engineer
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2017, 04:41:30 PM »
A word of caution. I don't know what caused it but, I just updated an HC-2b to rev 2-02 and it died. No screen, no flicker of anything, no nothing. Could be a coincidence but,... I sent an email to Ring support so, we'll see what happens. I've got 3 more but, you can bet I won't be updating them until I hear something back from Ring.

PatP

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2017, 05:01:28 PM »
Oh, ouch Pat.

Did you press the reset button on the back to see if that revives it?
I have updated 2 HC-2's and 1 HC-2B without issue many times over the past month.

Please keep us posted.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

PatP

• Engineer
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2017, 05:15:20 PM »

Yup, yup. I've pressed it, held it, thumped it, turned it upside down and shook it (guess I could go to jail for that last one). I should hear from Ring tomorrow. I'm just starting to get spooked, first an LM-3S and now an HC.

Glad to hear you've updated without issues. Maybe I'll try another one, what the heck.

PatP

PatP

• Engineer
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2017, 05:49:08 PM »

Glad to hear you've updated without issues. Maybe I'll try another one, what the heck.

PatP

I guess that fits the definition of insanity. I'm 2 for 2 on updating an HC-2b to rev 2-02. Now I've got two HCs with blank screens. I would say this eliminates the coincidence side.

Update at your own risk.

PatP

PatP

• Engineer
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2017, 11:23:35 PM »
Oh, ouch Pat.

I have updated 2 HC-2's and 1 HC-2B without issue many times over the past month.

Please keep us posted.

Ring said there was "an issue with the server", so I evidently got a bad file. Twice. They say it's fixed.

PatP