Author Topic: NEW: Dual Mode (DCC), ULT Sounds, Load/Brake Dynamic Momentum Features Avaialble  (Read 19822 times)

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
FYI guys, there is a mistake in the DCC manual that can be confusing to a new user. In the Load instructions it says to set a 20 car train to 100%. It should be set to 20% for more realistic operation.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

TwinStar

• Conductor
  • Modeling a 1961 Rock Island Twin Star Rocket
Al,

I imagine for most model RR pikes that a 20 car train is a 'full length' train. I know in Free-mo we're blessed with 15-20' passing sidings but I think those aren't normal for most layouts.
Jacob Damron
Modeling late 1950's Dallas Union Terminal in Free-mo+ modules

Texas Railway Modeling and Historical Society trmhs.org
trmhs.org

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
You're right Jacob, but in my club, we have a few guys who like to run 50-70+ cars at times. Of course, you do need lots of room and can't hog the entire layout. :D
Al

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
Al,
I imagine for most model RR pikes that a 20 car train is a 'full length' train. I know in Free-mo we're blessed with 15-20' passing sidings but I think those aren't normal for most layouts.

Consider me in this group. My layout space is ~28 x 32 which I think most would call a good sized room. Even still, my sidings are just long enough for my 'standard train' (16 cars, 2 power units, caboose). There is a minimum 1-1/2 standard train lengths between sidings. Had I gone any longer in siding length then there would be less tangent track between sidings than the sidings are long! It would look mighty odd to enter a siding while the rear of the train is still in the previous siding.

I can't remember who, but one of the great MRR authors I read early on said "you need a lot of sidings to run a lot of trains on a single main." So, that's what I did. As such, the original RP momentum adjustment is quite satisfactory. If I did momentum and load I would never get to track speed before the next meet!  :P
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
On my 8x16 double main line home layout (that's all the room my wife would grant me  :-\ ), I have run up to 20 freight cars in a train. It's interesting, but really doesn't look right. I usually stick to 9 or 10. I would love to double the layout size on one level, but then I would have to move out.  ;D
Al

TwinStar

• Conductor
  • Modeling a 1961 Rock Island Twin Star Rocket
You're right Jacob, but in my club, we have a few guys who like to run 50-70+ cars at times. Of course, you do need lots of room and can't hog the entire layout. :D

That't impressive!!
Jacob Damron
Modeling late 1950's Dallas Union Terminal in Free-mo+ modules

Texas Railway Modeling and Historical Society trmhs.org
trmhs.org

PatP

• Engineer
Guys, the new features are a huge change to Railpro.  I've been testing them for the past month or so and absolutely love it.  Here's a quick break down of some of the things you'll find:

1. Sounds
  • Nww ULT (ultimate) files include 645T (645E3), 710 (710-G3B), 710 ACe (710-G3-T2), 7FDL-16, and Alco 251.

Anyone else try the new 710 ULT prime mover sound yet? I guess I'm batting 0 with RP equipment right now but, when the file should be notching up it sounds like an engine shutting down and when I shut the engine down it turns off like I pulled the power.

PatP[/list]

KPack

• Conductor
Pat, the 710 ULT works, I've confirmed it.  What you have going on sounds like you didn't update the LM program to the newest one.  Make sure you are using the LM-2S program for the LM-2S and the LM-3S program for the LM-3S.  They are different.  My LM-2S modules did this when I tried loading the new sounds, before Tim had created a LM-2S program to handle them. 

-Kevin

PatP

• Engineer
Make sure you are using the LM-2S program for the LM-2S and the LM-3S program for the LM-3S.  They are different.  My LM-2S modules did this when I tried loading the new sounds, before Tim had created a LM-2S program to handle them. 

-Kevin

I suspected as much. Looks like I'll be using the old sounds.

Thanks,

PatP

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
Is it even possible to copy the wrong file update into a LM? I thought it would load the correct file automatically.
Al

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
I suspected as much. Looks like I'll be using the old sounds.

Why? 

The new sounds run perfectly well on the LM-2S and LM-3S after the programs for both the HC's and the LM's are updated.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

KPack

• Conductor
No, you shouldn't have to use the old sounds.  Make sure the LM is fully updated and it should work fine.  The newest programs are on RPA.  What program revision does the LM show?  It should be 2.02.  You can find it on the locomotive control screen, under the "info" button.  When you buy modules they are typically not at the latest software revision.  Software revisions are constantly released and the modules that have been sitting in stock for some time will be at a much older revision.  The very first thing I do when installing a new module is update the software to the latest revision.

I'm not sure it's possible to to load the wrong file into an LM.  It should prevent itself from doing it.

-Kevin

Morebassman

• Fireman
I'm a little confused! Do I have to download to my my #HC-2 hand held controller first to HC-2 Rev-2-02?    Then download the LM-3S Rev 2-02?

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
The order you download them should not matter, but they both must be installed for the new functions to work properly.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

MustDecide

• Fireman
I really recommend using the CI-1 with the HC-Sim for loading files to LM's.

This lets you work completely on the computer and not tie up the HC for what can be hours.
It's much faster to use the HC-Sim and you don't have to worry about the battery on your HC.

Once you have the files loaded on an LM then you can use the HC to configure the LM while you're loading programs to your next LM from the HC-Sim software.

The CI-1 is really invaluable - especially as the programs & sounds get larger.

Don't forget to update the RPA software, then the HC-Sim and HC software, then load the new files to your LM's.

I can get the files to download through the HC-2b but I cannot get the CI-1 to work it just keeps saying that it cannot connect to the internet. I did turn off my virus checker already. Also I downloaded what I thought was the latest version of software for the HC-2 but it did not affect the way the screen looks. I thought it would show the DCC options.