Author Topic: NEW: Dual Mode (DCC), ULT Sounds, Load/Brake Dynamic Momentum Features Avaialble  (Read 19821 times)

Blueleader

• Fireman
Be sure you installed the CL-1 software under "Admin" and start the program also under the "Admin" account. Mine won't do anything unless I run it as admin. To start the program under Admin control just right click on the program start icon and select "Run as Admin".

I really recommend using the CI-1 with the HC-Sim for loading files to LM's.

This lets you work completely on the computer and not tie up the HC for what can be hours.
It's much faster to use the HC-Sim and you don't have to worry about the battery on your HC.

Once you have the files loaded on an LM then you can use the HC to configure the LM while you're loading programs to your next LM from the HC-Sim software.

The CI-1 is really invaluable - especially as the programs & sounds get larger.

Don't forget to update the RPA software, then the HC-Sim and HC software, then load the new files to your LM's.

I can get the files to download through the HC-2b but I cannot get the CI-1 to work it just keeps saying that it cannot connect to the internet. I did turn off my virus checker already. Also I downloaded what I thought was the latest version of software for the HC-2 but it did not affect the way the screen looks. I thought it would show the DCC options.

CPRail

• Conductor
  • You know, sometimes I amaze even myself.
Has anyone tried running a ULT Sound File & Load equipped loco with a non ULT Sound File & Load equipped loco?

How do the two versions respond together? Does the non-ULT notch up as per before? Does the Load feature work without a ULT file?

My fleet of SD40-2s and Big Alcos will be getting the ULT file(s) (hopefully starting this weekend), but I have a GP38-2 that won't have a ULT file until it gets released.
Ian Lisakowski
Modelling CP Rail & VIA in the early 80's

KPack

• Conductor
Ian,

Yes, you can run ULT sound file locos with non-ULT locos.  The non-ULT locos will notch up on queue with the ULT locos when the ULT is leading.  This will occur even if you have the follower locos in manual notching....they will automatically change behavior to match the lead.

You can also use a non-ULT sound file with all the new features, including load and brake.  The prime mover will ramp up as expected under load.  It will not be as smooth as the ULT files by nature, but it is certainly usable.  I have tested this will several of the old sound files and it works fine. 

-Kevin

CPRail

• Conductor
  • You know, sometimes I amaze even myself.
Is anyone having any issues with manual notching across a consist with the new ULT files? I just converted my 4 SD40-2s to the new 645 ULT sound file and when I consist them (with and without a non-ULT sound engine), only the lead engine notches while the rest sit in idle.

Can't wait to try the 251 file!

Ian Lisakowski
Modelling CP Rail & VIA in the early 80's

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Manual notching is not working correctly with the ULT files. For now you'll need to use automatic.
Please Email Tim Ring and ask him to implement Manual Notching with LOAD effect across consists.

I'd still rather use manual notching too. The new Load effect with automatic notching is neat, but it still does not do quite what I want to be able to do.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.