Author Topic: Precision Design Co Joint Bars  (Read 2535 times)

TwinStar

• Conductor
  • Modeling a 1961 Rock Island Twin Star Rocket
Precision Design Co Joint Bars
« on: October 08, 2017, 02:15:52 PM »
RPUG et al:

I've decided to use PDC's joint bars for my 1961 railroad. http://pdc.ca/rr/catalog/products/ho-scale-railroad-detail-parts/6

My question is what has the experience been with using these inside the rail as well? My railroad is all ME code 83 mainline and 70 in the passenger terminal area. Will code 83 joint bars work inside the 83 rail or do I want code 70 joint bars? Likewise should I use code 70 joint bars inside the code 70 rail or use code 55?

Thanks.
Jacob Damron
Modeling late 1950's Dallas Union Terminal in Free-mo+ modules

Texas Railway Modeling and Historical Society trmhs.org
trmhs.org

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Re: Precision Design Co Joint Bars
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2017, 09:39:38 PM »
Jacob,

These are my best selling product. Of the 1000's of these bars out there, many have asked if there would be an issue on the inside rail, but nobody has ever reported that they are after trying them.

I'll tell you what I tell everyone else: If you test a few on the inside rail, and you are not happy with them, I can make thinner ones for you. If your rail is Code 83, use the code83 version for both sides.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

TwinStar

• Conductor
  • Modeling a 1961 Rock Island Twin Star Rocket
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2017, 11:30:18 PM »
Bill:

Sounds like a plan. I'll get some ordered here shortly.
Jacob Damron
Modeling late 1950's Dallas Union Terminal in Free-mo+ modules

Texas Railway Modeling and Historical Society trmhs.org
trmhs.org

willist

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2017, 08:19:30 PM »
I just received mine, both code 100 and code 83 they are easy to install and once painted look great. I placed them on both sides of the rails where ever I can see both sides, I had one joint where I heard the cars bump over the bars. No problem I just sanded the tops of the rail and that fixed it.