Author Topic: LM3S-G  (Read 1682 times)

claymore1977

• Brakeman
LM3S-G
« on: October 11, 2017, 04:44:33 PM »
Greets all.  Newbie here. 

Been watching RailPro for a long time now.  Been waiting on real estate and the BLM.  Now that those are settled, I'm prepping to pull the trigger on RailPro products.  During my research, I came across a link for an LM3S-G module on Yankee Dabbler:

http://yankeedabbler.com/view-all-categories/railpro-by-ring-engineering/locomotive-modules-railpro/lm3s-g/

But it's empty and there isn't anything I could find on Ring's site.

Anyone heard anything about this?  Would it be safe to assume this is a higher current version of the LM3S only targeted for G scale ?

Cheers!
-Dave

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Re: LM3S-G
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2017, 05:01:09 PM »
Hi Dave,

Yes there is a G scale decoder in development currently. All you know and love about RailPro with MORE POWER!!! :)

That's all I know. I have no idea what the timeline looks like on it. Oh, Tim Ring did mention he is enjoying the New Sound from his BIG speakers in the G Scale diesels.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

CampbellRice

• Fireman
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2017, 08:13:47 PM »
I spoke with Bob of Yankee Dabler today and he is very knowledgeable on RailPro and was very friendly and helpful.

john handlogten

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 05:41:44 PM »
The LM2's and 3's work good for an O scale switcher with an efficient motor like a Canon FN30 but not much else in O scale. Hopefully soon I will be able to start converting some of my higher amp equipment to RailPro. :)  John H.