Author Topic: Ring's response to my email  (Read 2102 times)

darryl.trains

• Conductor
Ring's response to my email
« on: November 06, 2017, 09:15:07 AM »
Now here is something for the N scalers out there plus something for our local guys. There's light at the end of the tunnel  8)

Hi Darryl ,

Our current LM-3S locomotive module was really designed for HO scale locos and it too big for most N scale locos.  However, we do have several customers that are using our current LM-3S in N scale locos.  Our LM-3S can fit in some tenders of larger N steam locos. Some have taken two diesels and put the LM-3S in one that was a dummy and wire it to the other that was powered.  Others have put the LM-3S in a box car that they connect to a loco.

We do plan at some point to see how practical a N scale loco module is.  We think it is practical.   We do plan to make larger scale modules first.  We are currently making an O and G scale modules now so that is getting us closer to working on an N scale module.

We made a note that your friends are interested in a N scale module for RailPro.  Our customers comments do affect the products that we build.  We added your name to our email list so you can be aware when we release new products.

Thank you for contacting Ring Engineering!

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
Re: Ring's response to my email
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2017, 09:49:58 AM »
Now here is something for the N scalers out there plus something for our local guys. There's light at the end of the tunnel  8)

That would be a 1:160 tunnel, right?  :P

Go for it Darryl. Ask Ring for a Z scale module!
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2017, 10:13:07 AM »
I personally know a lot of guys who would jump all over Railpro as soon as it is available in N-scale.  I'm glad that the G-scale modules are coming out....Ring has said in the past that large scale is first, then N-scale after.  So we are heading in that direction.

-Kevin

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2017, 11:38:34 PM »
Alan

Z scale is far from any development using RP but it wouldn't hurt for you to ask?  ;D

TOP in Arid-Zona