Author Topic: Inviting Ring Engineering to adopt the RPUG  (Read 6797 times)

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Inviting Ring Engineering to adopt the RPUG
« on: November 10, 2015, 09:21:01 AM »
On November 5th, I invited Tim Ring to adopt this group and link us from his site:

Tim,

I'd like to invite you to consider using the RailPro user group as a resource for your customers to share recordings, images, ideas, and generally support each other.  Through users assisting users, I'm sure the basic questions and support load on your office would decrease and allow for you to spend more time developing instead of addressing the basics.

Users developing relationships with other RailPro users would also help to solidify your customer base by showing existing and potential users alike that there is a vibrant community around RailPro and they are not alone in their investment in your excellent product.

I don't think there would be any need for you to participate in the forum directly, although you would certainly be welcome to do so, Is suspect it would only sap more precious time that is so valuable to a typical small business. I'm sure the group would continue to operate as it has for the last year, helping users through issues and directing them to you for larger support issues as needed.

We envision a simple link to the user group as an additional, but unofficial, resource for your clients.
The group can be found here http://rpug.pdc.ca

Thanks for considering this opportunity!
- Bill

Tim's Reply:

Hi Bill,

We do sometimes get customers that ask about user groups.  We can mention yours when we are asked.

We appreciate your support of RailPro products!

Thank you,

Tim

Ring Engineering Inc.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
Re: Inviting Ring Engineering to adopt the RPUG
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 10:54:32 AM »
Good that you made Tim aware of this group Bill. As a growing business, I'm sure he can use all the help he can get.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 12:38:05 PM »
I agree, I think having a user group would be very advantageous to Ring, especially if he can have it without extra effort on his part.

It would also be good for this group to have stronger numbers.

With that in mind, if anyone is talking to Tim, take a moment and encourage him to link to our group from the RailPro page, I think it would be a win/win!
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 01:46:33 PM »

With that in mind, if anyone is talking to Tim, take a moment and encourage him to link to our group from the RailPro page, I think it would be a win/win!
He may not be inclined to link to us if we discuss issues we've had and may or may not have been resolved, so it would probably be better not to discuss these topics on here and just take it up with Tim.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

hirailer

• Engineer
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 02:29:17 PM »
I think a link to our user group on the Ring Engineering with a disclaimer would be good thing. There must be a large number of RailPro owners that do not know this forum exists.

If you look at all the postings on this group, just about all are of a positive nature. There is no complaints about RailPro, just suggestions on how to make the system better. This forum is a far cry from some of the DCC groups that contain nothing but hair tearing problems.

A link on Ring's website would be a win,win for all of us.

Mel
Having more fun with RailPro