Author Topic: Walthers DCC 130-Foot Turntable with RailPro  (Read 8257 times)

yvesmary

• Fireman
Walthers DCC 130-Foot Turntable with RailPro
« on: November 16, 2015, 09:57:41 PM »
Hello,

I'm running my RailPro-equipped engine on my wireless NCE DCC layout.

I suppose if I converted totally to RailPro I wouldn't be able to use my Walthers DCC turntable or would there be a way around that?

Since my main interest in RailPro is their sound module and ease of consisting would I really gain anything by switching. Everything is running fairly smooth now.

Thanks for your input.

Yves
Ponoka, Alberta

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Re: Walthers DCC 130-Foot Turntable with RailPro
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 10:12:58 PM »
It is my understanding that you would have to install a RailPro accessory module, but then you'd be able to run the turntable from the RailPro controller. I have not tried the AM yet, but I see the programming options in the current RailPro software.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

melarson

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 10:16:14 PM »
Ring makes an accessory module that can be used to control a turntable.  You would use the RailPro Assistant software to load Ring's turntable program into the module, which then allows you to control the turntable from your HC-2.  I don't believe it has indexing (and I don't know if the Walthers DCC controller does) but the prototype didn't, to the best of my knowledge.  Check it out on Ring's website.  http://www.ringengineering.com/RailProSoftware.htm

Michael

yvesmary

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2015, 09:55:58 PM »
In looking at the instructions again I can connect the control box to a DC power supply. That's all I need I think and would be able to use it if I converted my layout to total RailPro.

I'm satisfied to use the turntable manually using the control box and don't see a need to use the Hand-Held Controller.

Thank you for your replies.

Yves
Ponoka, Alberta