Author Topic: New user question  (Read 2004 times)

Ken Z

• Fireman
New user question
« on: November 11, 2017, 02:27:10 PM »
I am working with my Rail Pro, I added the EMD 567 engine to my RailPro assistant, plugged in my Hand Held Control and when all the green bars were filled put the loco on the tracks.  When I got to the page button set up, the text at the bottom of the screen disappears and then the hand held shuts down.  It restarts at its home page, if I go through the sequence, it shuts down again.  While this was happening the first time, the engine started cycling the prime mover sound and bell sound off and on. 
I am ready to understand what I did wrong. 
Thanks,
Ken
Ken Zieska

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
Re: New user question
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 05:27:32 PM »
Ken, which software version are you using in the HC and the LM?
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

Ken Z

• Fireman
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 10:02:26 PM »
My hand held says it is sw1045 2.00 and the assistant says it is 3.20.  Here is what I believe I did.  I had originally downloaded the EMD 645 sound and I needed to correct this to the EMD 567.  When I opened the assistant, I highlighted that option and "downloaded" it then I went to the section below and highlighted that to put it on the hand held.  It does not seem to have made it as it is not in the options to load onto the locomotive.  I will need mostly 567 locomotives and a few of the Alco sounds.

Thanks,  Ken Z.
Ken Zieska

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 10:26:11 PM »
Ken you'll want to update your HC to v2.02 first, so you have the latest software.

Look in the product manual for updating product programs.
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

Ken Z

• Fireman
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2017, 09:08:30 PM »
Today, I started over.  I got the sound to transfer to the hand held when I tried to go from the hand held to the engine it looked like it worked however when I opened the button update page the hand held cycled down and back up.  I shut off the hand held and powered up the CI-1.  It transferred the files and when I went to the button update page it made the update and the engine fired up.  I then shut down the CI-1 and powered up the hand held.  Everything works fine.  Perhaps that is not perfect however it works and the engine assigned to the NE switch is running.  I have another similar operations where an engine is assigned to work an industrial area that will be my next project.  Having these two areas on Rail Pro will eliminate my shortage of DCC hand held controllers.  I like the 567 sound, I have some older soundtrax sound modules and the sound is better, I can hear the looping in the Soundtrax units.  I had noticed it but not really know what it was or how nice the sound is without the loop.   

Best wishes to all,  Ken Zieska
Ken Zieska