Author Topic: Introduce Yourself...  (Read 83398 times)

Trainman79

• Brakeman
Re: Introduce Yourself...
« Reply #105 on: August 24, 2019, 11:46:01 AM »
Hello Everybody,

My name is Allen and I recently discovered that my childhood love for trains never went away. I am currently planning a HO layout which I will be building in sections. I have the opportunity to fill a 24x36 basement, but want to begin smaller as to not overwhelm myself. After doing many months of research, I decided that Railpro is the system I would like to use to run my layout.

I look forward to learning from and getting to know everyone on here.

Allen

Welcome to the forum Allen. You and I have a lot in common - first name, reason for trains, scale, basement size, RailPro. You may want to scroll through the posts on my blog for ideas. http://www.lkorailroad.com/

Thank you for the welcome! I am reading your blog now and from what I have read so far, you have had some great ideas. Thank you for posting a link.

BN3022

• Fireman
« Reply #106 on: September 27, 2019, 06:25:31 PM »
Greetings everyone,

I'm new to Rail Pro and this Group.  I'm currently working on my 2nd LM3s install in an Stewart/Kato F3. I'm having fun getting it up and running and testing out the RP features such as the prime mover sounds, and light effects.  It boggles my mind how easy the RP system is to work with.  I previously ran Dynatrol and Rail Lynx so going to Rail Pro was a no brainer for me.

Modeling the BN Peoria Subdivision in HO circa 1980.

Looking forward to sharing experiences with others in this Group and learning more about Rail Pro. 

Ken Thompson

atsfguy

• Conductor
« Reply #107 on: September 27, 2019, 06:41:13 PM »
Welcome tonthe group, Ken. There is a wealth of information in these pages plus we have nembers who are extremely knowledgeable in all things model railroad.
Cecil
ATSF

TwinStar

• Conductor
  • Modeling a 1961 Rock Island Twin Star Rocket
« Reply #108 on: September 27, 2019, 10:08:16 PM »
Greetings everyone,

I'm new to Rail Pro and this Group.  I'm currently working on my 2nd LM3s install in an Stewart/Kato F3. I'm having fun getting it up and running and testing out the RP features such as the prime mover sounds, and light effects.  It boggles my mind how easy the RP system is to work with.  I previously ran Dynatrol and Rail Lynx so going to Rail Pro was a no brainer for me.

Modeling the BN Peoria Subdivision in HO circa 1980.

Looking forward to sharing experiences with others in this Group and learning more about Rail Pro. 

Ken Thompson

Welcome Ken! Where do you live?
Jacob Damron
Modeling late 1950's Dallas Union Terminal in Free-mo+ modules

Texas Railway Modeling and Historical Society trmhs.org
trmhs.org

BN3022

• Fireman
« Reply #109 on: September 28, 2019, 09:40:29 AM »
I'm in South Eastern Wisconsin, and yourself?

Ken T.

TwinStar

• Conductor
« Reply #110 on: September 28, 2019, 09:50:54 AM »
I'm in South Eastern Wisconsin, and yourself?

Ken T.

Ft Worth, Texas. Your area is gorgeous. I was in Milwaukee in 2003 for Harley’s 100th anniversary and we loved the area. Isn’t there a train fest up that way each November?
Jacob Damron

trmhs.org

BN3022

• Fireman
« Reply #111 on: September 28, 2019, 02:08:13 PM »
Hi Jacob,

Yes, Train Fest is usually around the 1st weekend in Nov.  It's fun to go to and see all the modular layouts and what's new with some of the manufacturers.

Glad you enjoyed the area around here. My wife and I like being next to Lake Michigan too.  We have a sailboat and my summer job is running the local yacht club launch and supervising the marina.  My interests have always been boats and trains I guess.

Ken T.

swoyekr

• Fireman
« Reply #112 on: December 09, 2019, 06:40:10 PM »
New user here, interested in rail pro but trying to see what I can do with my broadway limited reading t1

Orlando

• Fireman
« Reply #113 on: December 31, 2019, 10:25:07 AM »
Hello everyone, my name is Orlando. My apologies for not introducing myself earlier when I first made a profile with the group. I've been model railroading since 2008, but since I found out about railpro it has been a joy to model railroad. I have a layout in my basement that is 24x27 and my boys and I enjoy going down and running trains and working the locals.
Thanks and hope everyone has and amazing new year!

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #114 on: January 01, 2020, 07:11:37 AM »
I guess I'll get the first post of the new year  :D

Welcome Orlando. Yep, wish you had introduced yourself back then, from what I saw of your C44-9W install in another thread it looks like you might have had some good stuff to contribute in that time. I hope you'll not go back to the depths of just lurking; I'm sure you've got more great stuff to contribute to the group with.

- Tim

Orlando

• Fireman
« Reply #115 on: January 01, 2020, 10:56:28 AM »
I guess I'll get the first post of the new year  :D

Welcome Orlando. Yep, wish you had introduced yourself back then, from what I saw of your C44-9W install in another thread it looks like you might have had some good stuff to contribute in that time. I hope you'll not go back to the depths of just lurking; I'm sure you've got more great stuff to contribute to the group with.

- Tim

Thanks for the welcome sir! I promise I will not fall back into the abyss...

Orlando

TwinStar

• Conductor
« Reply #116 on: January 17, 2020, 10:36:48 PM »
Welcome Orlando!
Jacob Damron

trmhs.org

KB02

• Engineer
« Reply #117 on: February 16, 2020, 07:23:31 AM »
Hello all,
   Figured I would drop in and introduce myself. My name is Bob and I've been in love with trains since I was a little kid. When my wife and I bought our house about 7 years ago, I finally had a space where I could set up a layout. It started as a simple little 4x8, then one day I drilled a hole in the wall. My wife asked me why I did that, I replied, "The railroad needed to expand." Her response: "I was afraid of that..."  ;D
   Anyway, my layout started as DC, then DC block wiring so I could run multiple trains, that I took the jump into DCC. Now I am thinking about going to Railpro. As everything I have done on my layout to date has been bit by bit with a slow expansion, this would be a HUGE purchase for me. Just trying to gather as much information as I can before making the plunge (IF I make the plunge).
   I've got a lot of questions, so I'm sure that I'll be posting and reading and searching. Thanks for any help!

-Bob
KB02

TwinStar

• Conductor
« Reply #118 on: February 19, 2020, 08:28:02 PM »
Welcome Bob!
Jacob Damron

trmhs.org

GMM6809

• Engineer
  • Glenn M.
Hello Everyone
« Reply #119 on: March 06, 2020, 12:21:39 PM »
Hello all, I hope this finds you well.
My name is Glenn, I’m 28 (29 later this month) and am a Sergeant in the Marine Corps. I’m married to my rockstar wife Heidi and we have a daughter named Harper who will be 2 late this year. I’m currently deployed, and have been since November of last year. I’m from Maryland originally, but live in Southern California.

I have been interested in trains and basically any type of large machinery or equipment, for as long as i can remember. I always loved to help my Grandmom set up the model train set around the Christmas tree every year. My dad has a fair amount of older DC HO scale things, though he never had a layout or really used them in any way, many may not even be assembled kits.

Anyways, I started to really get into the model railroading hobby myself on Father’s Day of 2019. I joined a local club to help them with basically what ever they wanted me to do. So far I’ve been doing electrical work, some scenery work, starting to learn how to fix bad order rolling stock and engines. I think I’ve gotten a great handle on using the JMRI software to adjust CV’s and such so that the engines conform to the clubs policy on scale speeds at certain speed steps. (25SMPH @ step 14 and 50SMPH @ step 28) that way nearly every engine there will behave with one another.

Since then I have been acquiring my own models and rolling stock. I have all Athearn engines and a mix of manufacturers rolling stock. Maybe a total of 15-20 cars?

I have 2 DDA40X’s, 3 SD40-2 “Fast Forties”, 1 SD70ACE, all Union Pacific road names, and mostly well cars for intermodal services. I would eventually like a passenger car set, but they’re very expensive.

I currently do not own RailPro equipment, but do plan on purchasing it within the year. I currently have an NCE PowerCab at home, but no layout or space for one. I run all my stuff at the local club, which also runs NCE.

I want to switch to RailPro because i love the idea of simple consisting and the touch screen with pictures, as well as the ‘seemingly’ simpler installation, when it comes time for my own layout. I am also excited to still be able to run my RP equipped engines at the clubs layout, with either their NCE controllers, using the DCC option, or bringing my own controller and running my engines that way.

I already have some questions about using a RP equipped engine with a DCC controller, and with normal DCC engines, and other things, but I’ll have to figure out where to ask them, or make a new thread.

I apologize for the lengthy post, but I am appreciative if you’ve read it all.

Looking forward to becoming part of the family.
-Glenn
« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 12:23:56 PM by GMM6809 »
Glenn M.

Staff Sergeant in the Marine Corps.