Author Topic: No internet connection  (Read 2587 times)

Dean

• Conductor
No internet connection
« on: December 10, 2017, 09:04:13 PM »
I have installed the RailPro assistant ( v 3.20 )software on three computers. Now, none of the RailPro Assistant software will connect to the internet. What am I missing?
Thanks
Dean

William Brillinger

• Dispatcher (Admin)
  • Conductor
    • Precision Design Co.
Re: No internet connection
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 05:41:00 AM »
Hi Dean,

What kind of computer are you using?
What operating system is on it?
Did you enter your username and password on the setup screen?

Have you gone through the troubleshooting steps in this guide?
https://rpug.pdc.ca/index.php/topic,461.0.html

- Bill
- Bill Brillinger, RPUG Admin

Modeling the BNML in HO Scale, owner of Precision Design Co., and RailPro Dealer.

Dean

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 03:03:55 PM »
I got one of the computers to work. I thought (assumed?? ) that I had given permission to connect to the internet in the anti-virus. Turns out I didn't dig far enough into the ant-virus software. I found two files that were being locked out. Better safe than sorry.
I'll check the other two computers when I get more time. 
Dean

cws

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 12:06:11 PM »
Just another datapoint!  I was having the dreaded no internet connection issue on my windows 7 computer... the firewall settings were enabled for the RailPro related connections and the firewall was even disabled and yet I had no connection...   I turned the firewall back on and immediately received an allow connection request from the firewall....  connection enabled, yea!  I'm a Mac user and really only use windows for work...  thankfully RailPro works fine on Windows 7 so I can do what I need to do via my 2006 MacBook Core 2 Duo via Bootcamp....  no need for a new windows computer which leaves more funds for my model railroad hobby! AntiVirus wasn't an issue on my system.  :)