Author Topic: help  (Read 2812 times)

nortoneye

• Engineer
help
« on: January 18, 2018, 12:47:26 PM »
I am trying to reload railpro assistant.  Keep getting "cannot copy files from ring engineering"  I have told windows defender to allow-talked to Tim at Ring and was assured the server is up and running---any ideas?

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
Re: help
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 02:59:58 PM »
Try downloading it from the newly added file here:

https://rpug.pdc.ca/index.php/topic,597.msg4610.html#new
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

nortoneye

• Engineer
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 04:15:06 PM »
got it done-thanks!

carrson

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 08:40:36 PM »
FYI..here is what just happened to me...I have been using the RP assist without any issues until today..last week my computer did an update on windows 10..today I attempted to access RP assist and message displayed that windows cannot find the exe file ..I  reloaded the software and I noticed that the exe file was blocked and removed by windows AGV antivirus. I disabled the antivirus ..downloaded the software again all seemed good with the download but  I was still hit with the cant find the exe file ...I tried the offline files as suggested but still no luck..I have tried this many times today and have decided to give it a rest ..the only changes made to my computer was the update of windows..I tried the downloads with both google chrome and windows explorer with the same results... have any others experienced the same frustration...

Larry

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 09:03:32 PM »
It sounds like your RPA desktop shortcut is not pointing to the correct .exe file. In Windows Explorer, go to Program Files/Ring Engineering/RailPro Assistant. On the right side, find the .exe file and double-click it. If RPA opens, you just need to create a new shortcut on the desktop. If RPA doesn’t open there is another issue.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 04:31:29 AM »
It sound more like the shortcut can't find the file because AVG keeps eating it. I've had AVG eat the RailPro assistant executable a couple of times recently but it's easily reversed.

If AVG has been eating the RPA executable you can go into the "Virus Vault" in AVG and restore it. AVG should then leave it alone. If it doesn't you may need to add an exception for it.

- Tim

carrson

• Fireman
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 06:10:44 PM »
Al and Tim...thanks for your replies...so far my attempts with your suggestions have been unsuccessful...however when I can get a good day to fool around and start from scratch I will give it another try..I have downloaded RP assist 4 or 5 times and I think my computer is confused as I know I am now ..I am going to delete all the downloaded RP assists and reload and see what happens..I may end up talking to my techie guy and get him to do a hands on fix..my controllers are working and my trains are running so I can do this when the time is there to do it properly...everything was fine and working well and I am blaming that silly windows update for messing with the program...

Larry