Welcome to RPUG > Forum Tips and Help

How to Quote Someone's Post

(1/1)

MtRR75:
How Do I insert a quotation from another post into my new post?

nodcc4me:

--- Quote from: MtRR75 on February 13, 2018, 12:31:22 PM ---How Do I insert a quotation from another post into my new post?

--- End quote ---
Just click on where it says “quote” on the right side of the post you want to quote. A text box will open. Type your quote just below the quoted text in the box.

jimw:
Just click on where it says “quote” on the right side of the post you want to quote. A text box will open. Type your quote just below the quoted text in the box.

Or do what I just did (with Windows 7): click "Edit" on upper left toolbar, then highlight the desired quote, "copy", then open a reply (dialogue box) and "paste."  I am a slow typist, so this works better for me.  Maybe someone knows an even lazier (better) way?

JimW

William Brillinger:
Here it is in pictures...

Hit the Quote button on the right side of the comment you want to quote...

That gives you this:

Then type your own text where the arrow shows below the quoted text.

If you want to only quote a small amount of text, I prefer to copy the text to quote...
Highlight and and copy it (ctrl+c on windows)

Then in my new comment, I place the cursor where I want the quote and press the "INSERT QUOTE" button on the toolbar

and finally paste in the text (ctrl+v on windows)

and then finish typing my message around it.

jimw:
Bill:  Thanks for the tutorial: definitely a better (lazier) way to quote!  I hadn't noticed the cartoon balloon icon before.

JimW

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version