Author Topic: I've lost my mind.....  (Read 2055 times)

Dean

• Conductor
I've lost my mind.....
« on: April 12, 2018, 02:51:12 PM »
I was having one of those 'why not' moments. I put together a nine-engine consist. I had five engines on the front, six weighted freight cars in the middle with a total weight of slightly over four pounds, and four pusher engines. It ran great! I was amazed at how smoothly the consist ran. The consist climbed my 2% grade, with curves, with one minor problem. Near the top of the hill, the circuit breaker for the layout tripped. The circuit breaker is set for 2.5Amps. With nine engines and the accessories being powered by the DCC buss, the breaker worked as it should have.

Anybody know what is the maximum number of engines you can have in one consist? I have 26 RailPro engines. Hmm...
Dean

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
Re: I've lost my mind.....
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 03:01:41 PM »
Although one controller can run up to 24 locomotives at a time, if I remember correctly, the consist limit is twelve.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

Carter

• Fireman
Re: I've lost my mind.....
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 04:28:55 PM »
Sorry to hear you lost your mind.

Maybe the group can help?

Harbour Freight had cheep or free amp/volt/ohms meters, get one and hook it up to your system down stream of the breaker. Measure the current draw watch till the CB trips. Go from there and be sure the wiring can handle the current.

Also do you have enough feeders to the track?