Author Topic: Custom horn sound  (Read 1494 times)

ironraptor

• Fireman
Custom horn sound
« on: February 11, 2018, 04:11:44 AM »
Anyone got a tutorial on how to add a custom Horn sound?

I downloaded a K3LA horn from here (can't remember who posted it, but it sounds awesome!!) and it has a intro, hold and then extro. I downloaded audacity and spliced the pieces together then uploaded to the RPA (bought the extra expansion to allow custom added sounds) and got it successfully added to my engine. Problem is, when i hit the horn button (momentary option on the setup page is selected on my HC-2) it plays for the entire length instead of a just a quick blast. Is this something that has to be ran through Railpro tech support for them to setup the configuration correctly or did I miss something while working on it?

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
Re: Custom horn sound
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 05:21:55 AM »
You missed something while working on it.

Horns are looping sounds, they have a start, a middle (which loops for as long as you keep the horn button pressed) and an end.  What you did was to create a single file that contained all three of those things into one file first which is no good; RPA needs to make that distinction when it creates the sound file, not for you to do it beforehand.

The attached annotated screen capture explains how to create a proper horn sound file.

CreateLoopingSoundRPA.png

- Tim

ironraptor

• Fireman
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 02:21:27 AM »
Gotcha, yep that's what I missed. Thank you!!!

Pizzapizza

• Fireman
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2018, 08:23:23 PM »
Why can’t I just put the same horn sound in all 3 , start,loop,end I have great horn too. But it’s just a single horn sound how do I make it a looping horn, tried putting that horn in all 3 sections with poor results. Thanks john