Author Topic: UNDER LAYOUT WIRE BUNDLING  (Read 3060 times)

Tom

• Engineer
UNDER LAYOUT WIRE BUNDLING
« on: July 29, 2018, 11:13:54 AM »
A while back I saw a large layout with well-organized and very neat wiring underneath.  They used a round plastic cable bundling device, maybe about the size of a little finger curled up, with a slightly flat surface on the back side with a small screw hole in it.  The front ring like part could be opened and then shut with a catch built into the thing so wires could be run through it (them).  It could be opened up and then closed again for added wires.

Does anyone know what these are called and/or where they can be found?

Tom

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
Re: UNDER LAYOUT WIRE BUNDLING
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 11:25:59 AM »
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

Dean

• Conductor
Dean

MtRR75

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 08:01:29 AM »
I found these on Amazon.  https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075XJ15BC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have not used these types of wire bundle holders, but now that I now about them, I plan to.  However, I will go with the screw-attached bundle holders.  My experience with adhesive-held items is that eventually the adhesive dries out and fails -- especially in the Southern heat and humidity that I live in.

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 08:29:58 AM »
You could drill a hole in the base of the adhesive mount clamps to turn them into screw mount.

I too prefer conventional wire clamps. It is no trouble to remove the screw, insert more wires, and then reinsert the screw. Plus, they are much less expensive and are available in a wider variety of sizes. A #6 x 1/2" pan head sheet metal screw and #6 flat works well to attach them to wood.

100_6914.jpg
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 08:32:22 AM by Alan »
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro