Author Topic: Sound Setup Help  (Read 1864 times)

emd_16645

• Conductor
    • Somerset Junction, 1980
Sound Setup Help
« on: August 14, 2018, 06:10:16 PM »
It's been a while since I've posted here, RP got put on the back shelf a bit. 

So, I finally got around to installing some LM3S in a couple of locomotives.  First install went fine (mostly, but I'm happy in the end).  Went to work on the next one, and I'm having issues loading the sounds I want onto the chip.  I am attempting to load the same files as the first install.  However, when I go to select the different sounds on the button setup page, I am presented with only a generic bell, horn and diesel sounds, not the ones I loaded onto my CI-1.

Any suggestions on how to get the LM3S to recognize the ULT file?
Chris Bellows
Somerset Junction, 1980
somersetjunction.blogspot.com

Tom

• Engineer
Re: Sound Setup Help
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2018, 06:29:56 PM »
One option is to update the LM-3S software as they do not always come with the latest version installed.  I have noticed that the CI-1 can be a little cantankerous.  Maybe just copy the sounds again onto the LM-3S and/or download to the CI-1 then copy to the LM-3S again.

Tom

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2018, 06:31:05 PM »
Chris, it sounds like you haven’t copied the files onto the LM3s. If they are on the CI-1, copy them over to the module,  then try to set them up.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

emd_16645

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2018, 06:36:37 PM »
I forgot the loading step.  That solved the issue, thanks guys.  I have noticed that the CI-1 is a little off, I keep having to reload the picture file for it to show up on the menu, even though I save after.  But until I can justify a HC-2, its what I have.
Chris Bellows
Somerset Junction, 1980

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2018, 09:13:00 AM »
Chris,

Just to take your thread a little off course, the last time you were posting here back in March you could not get Rings software to download and work and had to use the offline installers that used to be provided here. It seems from your latest posts you can now download from RE. Could you tell us what you had to do to fix your connection issue? I like to keep track of the fixes folks have had to make to get something that should work first time for everybody to work; it adds to the knowledge base so others can be helped in the future.

- Tim

emd_16645

• Conductor
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2018, 12:38:12 PM »
Chris,

Just to take your thread a little off course, the last time you were posting here back in March you could not get Rings software to download and work and had to use the offline installers that used to be provided here. It seems from your latest posts you can now download from RE. Could you tell us what you had to do to fix your connection issue? I like to keep track of the fixes folks have had to make to get something that should work first time for everybody to work; it adds to the knowledge base so others can be helped in the future.

- Tim

Good memory Tim.  ;)  To fix my connection, I took my laptop elsewhere and downloaded all the files I needed to the CI-1.  I still do not have the capability at home.
Chris Bellows
Somerset Junction, 1980

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2018, 08:53:47 PM »
Chris,

It's good to see that you could find a work around at least.

For your home connection, if you'd like to try it I did write a diagnostics tool to help with diagnosing issues with connecting to RE's server. It can be found here on RPUG in the files section. https://rpug.pdc.ca/index.php/topic,706.0.html . Make sure to read the two linked posts in that post to familiarise yourself with the tool and how it works.

If you do decide to try it (I seriously hope you consider doing so) and would like guided assistance instead of self diagnosis I am here for that.

- Tim

emd_16645

• Conductor
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2018, 04:47:08 AM »
Tim- 

I saw the new tool.  I ended up dumping my ISP a few months ago due to poor performance and soaring costs, so at the moment we are limited to internet via cellphone (which is also pretty poor).  I doubt that RE server will play well with a mobile connection.  However, we are moving within the next month.  Once settled in, I will re-investigate my connection issues.  We can talk more then.

Chris
Chris Bellows
Somerset Junction, 1980