Author Topic: Any Railpro users in North Central Ohio  (Read 2527 times)

atsfguy

• Conductor
Any Railpro users in North Central Ohio
« on: July 29, 2018, 02:16:31 PM »
Is there anyone in North Central Ohio who uses Railpro? I live in Mansfield, Ohio, and would appreciate seeing a working layout using Railpro.
Thanks.
Cecil
Cecil
ATSF

Tom

• Engineer
Re: Any Railpro users in North Central Ohio
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 07:39:04 PM »
Cecil,

Just curious as to why you need to see a “a working layout using RailPro.”  Anyone with a Ring HC-2 controller or CI-1 and a locomotive or two with a ring modules installed (minimum investment of about $125.00) and access to a DCC HO layout would be the same thing except for the power supply.

I started with HO after a very long hiatus and had no qualms about jumping onto RailPro vs. the obsolete DCC technology.  Someone on this site posted that the worst that could happen if RailPro went belly up is that you may eventually have to buy a DCC power supply and controller if you RailPro devices ever failed.

Tom

atsfguy

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2018, 08:03:24 PM »
Hi, Tom. I am convinced Railpro is the best system available at this time but want to experience it myself prior to purchase. It sounds too good to be true so I want to see it in action in person. The old saw about “if it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn’t” comes to mind as I read about it.
I already have a dcc system but dislike all the wiring required. I am not as neat an electrician as Allan and many others and dislike spending loads of time running wire at my age. The layout that I will begin this winter will be my last so I want every advantage I can get. I want to purchase the best performing items I can find and afford, since I will probably be active for possibly eight more years. I will be 85 years of age at that point so I attach much importance to these selections.
Call it eccentricity if you want.
Cecil
ATSF

Dean

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2018, 08:09:13 PM »
Check your local area for train shows. There is a good possibility that someone will have a demonstration Railpro layout you can try out.
Dean

atsfguy

• Conductor
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 07:51:46 AM »
Thanks, Dean, I have done so but missed a large show in Columbus by a week or so. Perhaps there will be one soon in Toledo or Cleveland.
Thanks to all who viewed or commented on my question, I appreciate all remarks.
Cecil
Cecil
ATSF

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 04:47:02 PM »
ATSF guy.  The is another old saying, "it's never too late to start something new" or to that effect. When I started with RailPro, I had nobody in the area I lived to ask or see how RP works. I found this website with many helping hands plus I did a lot of research.  I had a small fortune tied up with DCC and some of it left over after peddling most it on eBay.
Truthfully like others here, NEVER go back as this is what we wanted long ago.  I have put wanted ads on various websites asking for unwanted RailPro products and never received a reply. Just once in the last year there was one item from a fellow on aBay. That's it ... To me it seems like once you get the hang of RP, you are in for life. As far as age? I'm pushing 82 so even old fardts can do it, well not everything :). Not what you think !  Had to redo the layout and NO wiring of any sort under the table. Hey it can be done as I use two inch blue foam on top of thin plywood. Cut grooves for routing wires then cover with scenery.  Oh ya. If you try RP and don't like it, there are many that will buy your stuff.  The old fardt in Yuma HOT

DaveB

• Fireman
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2018, 01:55:55 PM »
We live about 20 miles west of Dayton Oh. Would love to show you how it works. If you have watched Kevin's (K-Pack) videos on u-tube, he explains it well.

atsfguy

• Conductor
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2018, 06:46:58 PM »
  Dave B, thanks for extending the invitation. At the present, I have spent most of the  past three weeks taking my wife to doctors, hospitals, etc and today I had surgery scheduled for a cochlear implant, so it will probably be spring before I will find time to visit.
  Please keep me in mind for a spring visit and thank you very much.
Cecil
ATSF