Author Topic: Things do change  (Read 2842 times)

darryl.trains

• Conductor
Things do change
« on: September 06, 2018, 10:43:40 AM »
Our local train club has almost no interest in doing anything with the N scale layout and it is mostly barren. Since there are only four members that do that size and I am one of those but not for long as I had an interest in making a layout at home and using RailPro. Since the module situation was the key factor for me, I am lucky to have just five RDCs to send off to eBay that has never been out of their boxes. I also picked up an RP starter set to use with "N" but then that should not be too hard to find someone just starting out with RP that might be interested at a bargain price?

On the bright side, I am going to do a slight modification, widen some curves, on my HO layout to accommodate the five Rapido RDCs I recently purchased.   I really like RDCs. 

Spent most of the summer building or finishing up the Downtown Deco building kits I purchased. What a hoot working with plaster kits!

Times up #### Now go have some phun y'all. ######## Darryl

jjwdadof4

• Fireman
Re: Things do change
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 02:05:40 PM »
Darryl- they don't make RP for "N" scale do they?
Thanks
Josh

Just having fun

emd_16645

• Conductor
    • Somerset Junction, 1980
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 02:07:46 PM »
RP starter set? Do tell me more...
Chris Bellows
Somerset Junction, 1980
somersetjunction.blogspot.com

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 06:15:07 PM »
 Josh. It would have made a BIG difference if RP did produce an "N" scale module but as many have waited and died on the vine, I too, have gave up on that dream.       TOF

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 06:17:01 PM »
 Chris.   Please email me nodisasemble at yahoo dot com  TOF

Dean

• Conductor
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2018, 06:42:48 PM »
Darryl,
You have probably been asked this before, but, have you considered putting the RP decoder in a freight car and  running wires to the engine?
Dean

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2018, 07:15:03 PM »
Yes Dean, I knew about using a freight car but since my only current mode of "N" power is RDCs and I really would have a lot more engines but, well you know, no modules? Anyway, I am not sorry that I gave it a try.
 As I previously mentioned about the club and not much going on with the "N" layout, I am better off just abandoning my journey into "N"...  I'm happy so adios for now ###### Darryl 8)