RailPro > RailPro Software Updates

EMD 645 Roots ULT now available

(1/3) > >>

KPack:
Just got word from Tim Ring that the new ULT for EMD 645 Roots Blown is up!  Going to download it now.  Video coming when I get time.

-Kevin

G8B4Life:
It sounds good so far. Lot's of white noise on my test rig but that should hopefully just be my test rig and not the recording.

I wonder how this will sound on a Scale Sound Systems speaker set? Kevin, did you get any of those to try?

- Tim

KPack:
I haven't picked up any of the Scale Sound Systems speakers yet.  I need to figure out which kind will fit in different locos.  None of my locos are what Scale Systems has designed the speakers for.

I do like the new 645 roots file....WAY better than the old file.  The old one was terrible.  It sounds a bit quiet to me, but I'm really not familiar with prototype 645 roots locomotives.  I do want to talk to Tim about updating the various air blasts on the new files.  He is using mostly the old air sounds, and I know we can do better than that.  I also would like him to update the compressor. 

-Kevin

G8B4Life:
Should probably split this off to a separate thread but oh well.

--- Quote from: KPack on September 08, 2018, 11:41:08 PM ---I haven't picked up any of the Scale Sound Systems speakers yet.  I need to figure out which kind will fit in different locos.  None of my locos are what Scale Systems has designed the speakers for.

--- End quote ---

If you haven't looked at the website in the last couple of days you might want to again, he's added quite a few more to the site, including a bunch of the dual speaker (co-eval) sets.

--- Quote ---I do like the new 645 roots file....WAY better than the old file.  The old one was terrible.  It sounds a bit quiet to me, but I'm really not familiar with prototype 645 roots locomotives.  I do want to talk to Tim about updating the various air blasts on the new files.  He is using mostly the old air sounds, and I know we can do better than that.  I also would like him to update the compressor. 

--- End quote ---

Yes, the new 645 Roots blower file is way better than the old one (which has been removed from RE's server). I haven't played it through a loco yet (only headphones hooked up to my testing board; waaaay loud through them ;D ) but in real life roots blown EMD's were quite loud, at least here anyway.

I'd prefer Ring to drop the air/compressor sounds from the engine sound file completely and let us choose what we want (whether played manual or auto). It would not be overly hard for him to program that functionality.

- Tim

TwinStar:
Link to Scale Sounds? Google isn't coming up with anything for some reason.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version