Author Topic: Beyond Frustrated with Railpro  (Read 16201 times)

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
Re: Beyond Frustrated with Railpro
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2018, 08:01:15 PM »
Seems very odd the software would not query available space before copying a file. That seems like such a trivial and elementary programming element.
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2018, 08:09:01 PM »
Seems very odd the software would not query available space before copying a file. That seems like such a trivial and elementary programming element.

It does, but I think the updates work differently.  You need more space on the module for large updates, but most of the space is freed up when the update is done.  I'm not totally sure how it works but I believe the extra space usage is to unpack the new files, rearrange what is necessary, and overwrite old files.  The actual data size of the update is small, but the space required to apply the update is large...or something like that.

emd_16645

• Conductor
    • Somerset Junction, 1980
« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2018, 09:03:03 PM »
That's great news Chris. Before the 2.09 update we'll have to solve why HC Sim is loosing files and settings as product programs don't get saved locally to RPA, only to HC Sim (or the handheld if you had one of those) and with HC Sim loosing stuff when you close it (I presume it's still doing that) you'd have to keep the laptop on and HC Sim running all the way home from your Wi-Fi spot just to keep it in HC Sim.

- Tim

Fortunately RPA is storing files onto the computer. Therefore HC sim closing isn’t the end of the world, I just have to load each file back into HC Sim before transferring to the LM3S. A little bit of lost time but I’m up and running. At this point I have not invested in a HC-2 (I only have 3 chips in the first place) so HC Sim is what I have. I saw your PM, I’ll try to get to it this weekend.
Chris Bellows
Somerset Junction, 1980
somersetjunction.blogspot.com