Author Topic: User Defined Buttons  (Read 2102 times)

Dave

• Fireman
User Defined Buttons
« on: November 23, 2018, 08:23:12 PM »
Greetings

I have setup a new loco and have noticed the User Defined Buttons are in a different sequence than previous decoders.  The engine sound is on the second page of buttons.  Not a major problem but still I would like to have bell, horn and engine on the same page.

I seem to remember there is a way to re-order these buttons?

David

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
Re: User Defined Buttons
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2018, 09:03:35 PM »
You can Change the function of any button. Go to settings, then hit “next” until you get to the buttons page. Press the button you want to change and follow the prompts.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2018, 10:27:37 AM »
This should help.  This is a bit old (older software), but the basic concepts are still the same.

-Kevin

CoreyMun

• Brakeman
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2018, 09:42:10 AM »
You can personally suggest these rangefinder binoculars and Change the function of any button. Go to settings, then hit “next” until you get to the buttons page. Press the button you want to change and follow the prompts.

Hi Kevin, looks like a useful piece of software. Are you using it yourself? Do they still offer support for it?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2024, 09:59:30 AM by CoreyMun »

Dave

• Fireman
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 02:58:44 PM »
Thanks the video is most helpful.

David

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 03:09:58 PM »
CoreyMun - The software shown in the video is the standard Ring Engineering software that comes on their controller.  The software pictured is an older version, but it is very similar to the current version.  It is highly supported by Ring, with constant updates as needed.

David - Glad you found it helpful.  If there is anything specifically that you need that wasn't shown in the video, please let us know.

-Kevin