Author Topic: HC-2 Issue  (Read 1990 times)

Nick

• Fireman
HC-2 Issue
« on: November 29, 2018, 05:03:23 PM »
It's been a little while now since I have ran my layout, life gets busy I guess. I went today to run some trains and ran into an issue with the HC-2. When I go to the locomotive page and select one, the control locomotive opens but starts to fade out. The fade starts in the middle and goes until it reaches the bottom. I have to push the rest button on the back just to even get out of it. The video shows what I am talking about.

Please Help!
   -Nick

nortoneye

• Engineer
Re: HC-2 Issue
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 05:14:45 PM »
I've never seen that before-noticed the battery is down-have you fully charged it and tried again?

nodcc4me

• Conductor
  • RailPro Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 05:17:24 PM »
Nick, make sure you are using software version 2.06. Other than that I would give Tim Ring a call or email him.
Al

Run your train, not your brain. Get RailPro. It's a no-brainer.

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 05:37:50 PM »
I agree with the two above statements.  Be sure the battery is fully charged if it has been sitting a while.  Check the version of software that you are using on the HC by hitting the settings tab on the main screen.  An older version shouldn't cause what you are seeing there, but I wonder if updating to the most current version would overwrite any sort of glitch that appears to have occured?

Try those two things first, and if they do not solve the issue then report to Tim Ring with the video you provided to us.

-Kevin

BruceRogers

• Engineer
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 08:36:53 PM »
I had this issue with some or one of my HC-2 units as well. It was a long time back and I can't remember if it was software related or not. Send the video to Tim. I know I had to get him involved.
I the meantime you could try making sure it has the latest updated software on it. if it will let you. I haven't seen it since the issue was resolved.

Nick

• Fireman
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2018, 03:36:52 PM »
I have fully charged the battery and updated to 2.06. Neither resolved the problem. I'm going to email Ring Engineering with the video and see what they have to say. I'll put the solution here when I get it.

Thanks for the help,
     -Nick

Nick

• Fireman
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2018, 09:10:53 PM »
I contacted Ring Engineering and got the issue resolved. It had something to do with a failed software update. Tim went in and changed something in the files and then told me to update the HC again. If anyone has this issue in the future, send an email to Tim Ring and he will get it fixed for you.

-Nick

KPack

• Conductor
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2018, 09:37:00 PM »
Great news! Glad that it was a relatively simple fix.