RailPro > RailPro Software Updates

HC-2 and HC-2b revision 2.09 released

<< < (2/9) > >>

KPack:
Just FYI, currently the dynamic brake button will partially work across consists.....what I mean by that is that pressing the button will drop all the prime movers down to notch 1, though only the lead unit's DB sound is played.

I've actually used this on my switching locomotives to simulate coasting.  I create a "silent" audio clip that has no sound, load it into each SD40-2's dynamic brake file, then when I press the button they both drop to idle, though the locomotives are still moving.  Works great for that, but I do hope that he'll eventually get real DB across consists, as well as a separate coast button.

-Kevin

CPRail:
Now that is a neat idea! Thanks Kevin!

CPRail:
Okay, this is weird. I went to update my tow HC-2bs tonight. One had about a half charge, while the other is full. Setup RPA for the download, plugged in the half charged one and away it goes. Part way through, my computer goes deedle deedle (sound of something connecting/disconnecting) and my HC-2b goes black screen.

Figuring that perhaps I over-estimated the charge and it was lower than half, I unplugged it, removed the update from RPA, reload the update, and plug in HC-2b #2. Sits there "waiting for internet" and does nothing.

Force disconnect it, wait for the HC-2b to say 'wah', close RPA, re-open RPA and start again. Same deal. Currently waiting for it to say 'wah' again from a forced disconnect.

Meanwhile HC-2b #1 is STILL black screen and won't light up, won't even charge.

I'm going to try HC-2b #2 one more time, but I'm doubtful. RPA shows all happy happy happy. I run high-speed internet from my Telco and the modem is all green.

What gives? Do I need to reset HC-2b #1? If I do that, do I loose everything on it (i.e. have to refind all the locos and reload all the sound files)?

Argh...

William Brillinger:
Ian,

The reset will not lose the data. It's like a hard reboot.
But before you do that, leave the HC on the charger overnight and see if it wakes up.

If you are having trouble with both HC's it might also be the cord.
Make sure you are using the cord from RING.

- Bill

CPRail:
Update:

Thanks Bill.

HC-2b #2 is fine and happy. Had to do a reset, but I've been running with it for the past 45 minutes. HC-2b #1 is sitting on the charger as per Bill's suggestion and we'll see what happens tomorrow. I still need to do the updates, but I'll wait until I know what HC-2b #1 is needing.

Always using the RP cords and plug ins, just to be safe.

Stay tuned for further updates.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version