RailPro > RailPro Software Updates

EMD 567-16 ULT Prime mover available

(1/5) > >>

G8B4Life:
When did this sneak in?

Noticed today there is now an EMD 567-16 ULT prime mover file available.

- Tim

William Brillinger:
It went up on the weekend, but it's still in testing AFIK.

KPack:
If it's still up for everyone to download, then I would.  It sounds excellent.  Recorded directly from a 16-567C.  Lots of prominent exhaust, and very smooth transitions up and down the notches.

I'd eventually like to have a second 567 file with a bit more of the "whine" that so many 567's have....that kind of mechanical whirring of the prime mover as it's throttling down.  Not really sure how to describe it.  But this new file is great and well worth the download.

-Kevin

BruceRogers:
Kevin, I'd like to get that sound too. I'm thinking about adding another microphone nearer the roots blowers so the exhaust doesn't drown out the whine. I might need to talk to a sound expert to see what can be done.

KPack:
Bruce, that was my thought also.  I'm guessing the microphone was up near the exhaust stacks then?  I think if you have one mic mounted up on top, and one mounted down near the roots blower, then coordinate the recordings of both by using a clapper, Tim should be able to mix both together in post processing and have both the loud exhaust as well as the whine.

-Kevin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version