RailPro > RailPro Software Updates

RailPro Assistant 4.01 released.

(1/2) > >>

G8B4Life:
RailPro Assistant 4.01 released.

Known changes since v3.21:

* Filename renamed to RingEng Assistant.
* Installer is now a self extracting archive, not a separate installer and downloaded package as before.
* Username and password no longer needed to access RE file server.
* All features now free. No longer required to pay for enabled features
* Size of offline storage increased from 32 Megabytes to 128 Megabytes.
* RailPro Assistant no longer uses port 80 *.
* While RailPro Assistant no longer uses port 80 preliminary tests indicate that it still uses a fixed port on the source (end user) side. Whether the server has been changed to respond to any source port or not remains to be tested. Update: See below. https://rpug.pdc.ca/index.php/topic,930.msg7121.html#msg7121

Note: Any custom work (sounds, pictures, accessory projects, lighting effects) you had in any previous version of RailPro Assistant is not carried through to the new version. Correction. See next two posts below.

- Tim

KPack:
Tim, I believe all the old files will transfer automatically into the new program.  At least that's how it was on the beta.  I haven't loaded the release version yet.

G8B4Life:
Kevin, your right. I went back and re-performed the installation using a backup and all the previously downloaded files etc were there. I simply didn't notice as I saw the available space jump from 30 odd percent available to 80 something percent available and assumed that all those big sound files were gone without checking  :-[

I've modded my post accordingly.

- Tim

G8B4Life:
I can now confirm that the CGNAT issue is not yet fixed. The problem of the fixed source port and server non response to any other port other than the one it expects has just been moved from one port to a different port.  So close!

- Tim

nodcc4me:
I’m curious as to why the name was changed?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version