Author Topic: It had to happen sooner than later  (Read 2195 times)

darryl.trains

• Conductor
It had to happen sooner than later
« on: February 21, 2020, 11:31:15 AM »
I sold off almost all my Lionel and G gauge collection and now I am down to making a big decision about departing HO leaving just my On30 and N scale. There would be no doubt about just keeping the N scale stuff if RP had modules but that looks like a lost cause?  I am leaning on the side of On30 so it is not a hard decision but a necessary one to make. One of these days I'll pack up everything that is not On30, head for a swap meet in the San Diego area as that is the only way to sell it all lock stock and train load. Actually a fellow club member asked me if I had any N scale flex track he could buy? Oh heavens yes and would you like to make a deal?   " And the road goes on forever "   TOF in Yuma
« Last Edit: February 21, 2020, 01:36:29 PM by darryl.trains »

GMM6809

• Engineer
  • Glenn M.
Re: It had to happen sooner than later
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2020, 11:33:12 AM »
Hey there TOF, lol
Did you ever end up selling the HO scale stuff with RailPro?

If not, where in AZ are you abouts, because I will be traveling through there later this year for a PCS move.

Maybe we can meet up. lol

I figure it's a long shot replying to this post. hah
Glenn M.

Staff Sergeant in the Marine Corps.

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 07:46:35 PM »
Glenn     I have never peddled any of my RailPro items.  I do have some oooh,  DCC decoders left over after I gave a bunch to our local club.  I have donated at least 10 HO engines and 30 freight cars to our club this year and have a number left to find a new home. I have a LOT of sectional with roadbed Atlas track in HO and N scale. I will have to go to eBay someday when I get an urge to make that effort.  Now my one and only interest is On30.

Retired  SGT USA 1975   residing in Yuma Arid-Zona HOT

GMM6809

• Engineer
  • Glenn M.
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 03:42:39 PM »
Glenn     I have never peddled any of my RailPro items.  I do have some oooh,  DCC decoders left over after I gave a bunch to our local club.  I have donated at least 10 HO engines and 30 freight cars to our club this year and have a number left to find a new home. I have a LOT of sectional with roadbed Atlas track in HO and N scale. I will have to go to eBay someday when I get an urge to make that effort.  Now my one and only interest is On30.

Retired  SGT USA 1975   residing in Yuma Arid-Zona HOT

Darryl,
Glad to hear from you, hopefully I did not offend you with my previous greeting.

Makes sense, as you can probably easily fit the RP items in your On30 power.
I am interested to see what sort of layout you can create with On30, I'm not very familiar with that scale/gauge. Is it a 3 rail O gauge, or does it use 2 rail? I also heard its similar gauge (width) to Ho scale track, just with different tie spacings and such.. Is that assumption correct?

I miss the club scene, as the local one was shut down again due to the Covid and stricter precautions.

Maybe hold out for a swap meet to sell your remainder items, if eBay is too much for you, I sold an item on eBay and it was honestly kinda a pain.. but it was only one item, so maybe more would be worth while.

Cheers,
Glenn
Glenn M.

Staff Sergeant in the Marine Corps.

darryl.trains

• Conductor
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2020, 11:00:16 PM »
Glenn

I also heard its similar gauge (width) to Ho scale track, just with different tie spacings and such.. Is that assumption correct?

Yup for sure. On30 30" between the rails is supposed to represent narrow gauge  but true narrow gauge is more like On3 36" between. I suppose Bachmann want to use their HO track and made that decision that is now more or less the standard for that size? Since they have produced quite a number of nice looking engines is was a welcome sight for a lot of us. For the most part installing RailPro, speakers and keep-alive in the steam engine-tender is fairly easier do to the larger size. Cheers TOF   8)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2020, 11:11:59 PM by darryl.trains »