Author Topic: CGNAT issue finally fixed  (Read 2222 times)

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
CGNAT issue finally fixed
« on: February 24, 2020, 06:23:47 AM »
Well this is an interesting discovery. After a year of finally coming to terms with there was a problem and knowing what it was but no fix made Ring has finally fixed his server so that CGNAT is no longer an issue; within a few days of the proxy workaround having gone live. The "coincidence" of the timing is just... amazing  ::)

Anyway, everybody and anybody should now be able to connect to RE's file server with RailPro Assistant no matter what internet connection they have.

Anyone who had a copy of RPA installed from back when we had the offline installer here you will need to download and install the latest copy of RPA first.

- Tim

Alan

• Conductor
    • LK&O Railroad
Re: CGNAT issue finally fixed
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2020, 07:38:27 AM »
Seems like there should be a royalty check in the mail to someone.  ;)
Alan

LK&O Railroad website

When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that. HO, 28x32, double deck, 1969, RailPro

nortoneye

• Engineer
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2020, 11:06:12 AM »
hey, I can finally save 10 bucks per month!!!!!!!After I have my ISP get rid of the IPA that was required to connect-I will need to download RPA again, is that correct?

G8B4Life

• Signalman (Global Mod)
  • Conductor
  • I'll think of a catchy tag line one day
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2020, 08:01:26 PM »
I will need to download RPA again, is that correct?

I don't believe so. If you already have version 4.01 (which I seem to remember you do) then no you have the latest version. If you have a version prior to 4.01 yes you will need to download and install again, but not because of the CGNAT issue but because the server now uses a different port to what versions prior to 4.01 used.

You could have saved 10 bucks per month using the proxy too, you would only have had to ask but fixed at the source of the problem is much better for the long term anyway.

- Tim

nortoneye

• Engineer
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2020, 08:41:00 PM »
Thanks Tim

Josephbw

• Conductor
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2020, 12:42:25 PM »
It's about time.  ;D. Now I'm going to have to download everything I have since it all has the original software. I've been sneaking in the back door on occasion to see if there was any progress on the subject. Now when I get time I'll have to try to connect up and start the downloads.  ;D

faithie999

• Conductor
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2020, 01:54:45 PM »
the only glitch I've noticed is that twice over the past couple of days I can't connect to the server with RPA on the first try.  I exit out of RPA and try again a few minutes later and then it connects as it should.